Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fuzzibunz and elastic?

I just bought a new fuzzibunz perfect size large from my local cloth diaper store.. I noticed on all of them the elastic isnt soo tight. It seems it will be shot in no time and its not just a defect I notice this on all of them. If you have had fuzzibunz in the past how long did the elastic last you? and I dont hang dry we use the dryer. One more? lol Are they suppose to come with the replacement elastic? or do you have to buy that seperatly? Ive heard of ppl saying they have the replacement elastic but mine did not come with any Thanks ladies!!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fuzzibunz and elastic?

I had my PS smalls for 6 months & didn't really notice any decrease in quality of the elastic...
Co-owner of 'Mums & Bums' - coming soon!
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

IMO, tight elastic wears out faster because it takes so much stress from being stretched so tightly. But the elastic that doesn't need to be stretched like crazy tends to last longer for us, and doesn't get "shot".
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using mine for 3 months and haven't noticed any change in the elastic (I have the Perfect Size M). Mine did not come with replacement elastic.
lovemygirlseques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had some perfect size Fuzzibunz, and I put them in the dryer on hot and the elastics stretched out a tiny bit I think, from now I just line dry them. I know what you mean with loose looking elastic. Oh and bleach will stretch them out too.
elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
coffeegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only the one-size Fuzzibunz come with replacement elastic-- not the perfect size, which is what you bought. For what it's worth, my FBs have held up better than just about any other diaper I have. They are extremely durable, dependable dipes.

I have a stash of smalls that are almost 4 years old and have gone through both my niece, my nephew, and now my LO. The elastic is slightly looser on some than others, but on some it's like new and on all of them it's not anywhere close to being "shot".

I would recommend maybe not drying your FB shells every single time. Hang them to dry every now and then. You don't need a clothes line....just over a hanger or the back of a chair or something. They dry fast, and you'll extend the life that way.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post
Only the one-size Fuzzibunz come with replacement elastic-- not the perfect size, which is what you bought. For what it's worth, my FBs have held up better than just about any other diaper I have. They are extremely durable, dependable dipes.

I have a stash of smalls that are almost 4 years old and have gone through both my niece, my nephew, and now my LO. The elastic is slightly looser on some than others, but on some it's like new and on all of them it's not anywhere close to being "shot".

I would recommend maybe not drying your FB shells every single time. Hang them to dry every now and then. You don't need a clothes line....just over a hanger or the back of a chair or something. They dry fast, and you'll extend the life that way.

Ditto this. One of my girlfriends just finished CD'ing her fourth child in the same set of FBs. Have you used FBs before and they weren't like that? That doesn't sound like my FB's. Did you buy them new or used? If you bought them new, I would take them back to that store and ask if that is how they are supposed to be. If not, hopefully they can replace them.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
Ditto this. One of my girlfriends just finished CD'ing her fourth child in the same set of FBs. Have you used FBs before and they weren't like that? That doesn't sound like my FB's. Did you buy them new or used? If you bought them new, I would take them back to that store and ask if that is how they are supposed to be. If not, hopefully they can replace them.
I have never bought FB before and it was new but they all seem that way and Im even looking at pics of them guc on the fsot and they look the same I just think the elastic is not as tight as my other diapers that why I was not sure if that was normal or not.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
Leocaligirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been using FB's on my DD for over a year now. The ones that I bought new or barely used are all still in great shape. I have had a few other that were more used that I have replaced the elastic on. I did not but replacement kits or anything. I just got elastic at JoAnn's and fixed it. Super easy to do.