Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
am I living in a dreamworld?

So, DH is "skeptical" about my desire to CD this baby. I bought a huge stash of softbums and have been SOOO eager to use them. Well, the further I get into my pregnancy (6 weeks to go), I am definitely getting more tired, not sleeping as well (but probably better than when I have a newborn!). He thinks I'll be too tired to deal with the laundry. We also have a 4 year old and almost 6 year old (that I homeschool), so he's just wondering about how much I am putting on my plate.

Well, now that the reality of the new baby arriving fairly soon and being more tired, I have found that I am wondering how I am going to do it all, too. I've prepped the dipes once, but think I might need to prep them again (I just have the regular dry touch pods). But, I feel like I constantly stay behind on our regular laundry that I am starting to worry about adding diapers to it. Maybe b/c they aren't NEEDED right now that I keep putting it off.

I just don't want to get overwhelmed, but I want to "prove" my naysayers wrong!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller

Re: am I living in a dreamworld?

Congrats on your soon-to-be-here baby! And I just want to say that I know how daunting CDing can seem at first... I waited 8 months with my DD because I was too freaked out by the laundry aspect of it. We finally switched over for financial and environmental reasons, and can I say how bummed I am that I didn't do it sooner? Honestly, if you can handle one extra load of laundry every 2-3 days it's no biggie. I was expecting it to be a huge time constraint, but even changing dipes is a breeze. (Poopy dipes take just a few minutes longer now that dd is on solids). And it may sound sick to say this, but I actually enjoy washing the diapers because I can't wait to have them clean again and looking adorable on my little girl's bum! Good luck to you mama!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Unless the diapers don't fit your LO right (and you're dealing with leaks and clothes changes), or you have laundry issues (causing stinkies or repelling) it's really not any harder than an extra load of laundry every (1-3 days depending on your stash). I spray every poopy diaper (even though I EBF... i hate stains--yes i know they are diapers) and it's still not that time consuming.

Now once I became addicted to the prints and the fluff... the time consuming part became my searches for the perfect diaper.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Now, I don't have other kids.. but I am a FT student so I am gone 30 hours a week and I promise you.. that you can do it! Its like an extra load of laundry every few days. I would suggest making sure you have enough to last you a full 2-3 days. So you don't have to stress about doing them everynight. I have so many I just do them whenever the pail is full. Totally easy and I enjoy seeing them come out all nice and clean lol. Don't worry about prepping too much because with newborns, you change a lot because I swear they are pooping nonstop! So.. they aren't on them a longggg time.. so they will get fully prepped.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

You will probably be doing less laundry for the new baby because he/she won't be blowing out of everything every hour with disposables and creating piles of baby poo'ed in clothes that have to be stain treated. That is one of THE BEST things about cloth diapers, there are no (well, there's always the *occasional*...like 0.05% of the time) blowouts!

You are probably just stressed thinking about baby's upcoming birth and adjusting to three kids. You do have a lot going on, but once you start and get into the swing of things, you will LOVE it! Don't worry mama! If the thought of using cloth right away is just too much, use disposables til you get adjusted.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

doing cloth laundry really isnt that much work. esp if your dh will help you : ) you just throw them in the wash on extra rinse, then go back to put them on a regular cycle with soap. after that you dry them and put them away. i dont think it will take much effort for you. plus pregnancy tired is different than just had a bad tired. you will be using the cloth and excited and happy about it (most likely) so you will want to do it. washing diapers is more fun than normal laundry lol
Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
Babycatcher2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh honey, I promise you can do it. I am a full-time student, work ALMOST full-time as an L&D nurse AND figure out how to manage a small business... Granted, my DDs are 2 and 6, but I was AT LEAST this busy the entire time they were newborns. You got this, sweetie. Plus, you picked a system that is pretty slick and easy! HUG
PLUS You have US!!! GRIN
CaraLin
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there mama

I have two boys; between them and DH I have a lot of laundry going on without diapers. Honestly the diapers are my favorite things to wash and put away.

You'll just have to trust that you'll get them washed when they need to be washed.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by boysniris; 02-07-2011 at 04:08 PM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Don't worry, mama! CDing just mean 2-3 extra loads a week. No biggie! And as far as prepping, you're done Synthetics, like microfiber, only need one wash