Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

detergent question, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!

So, my daughter has had a rash lately, although not in her diaper area. I was worried it was our detergent as her brother was allergic to scented detergents as a baby. So I switched from Tide original to Purex F&C. Well, the diapers are all softer!!!! Does that mean they are getting nice and clean, or does it mean that it is leaving a residue that is making them soft, but will make them leak eventually.

Advertisement

ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:
Re: detergent question, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!

Err, not sure what 'softer' means. The test I use is 1) do the diapers smell like detergent (if so they get another rinse). If you still think they might have detergent residue, put the diapers in water and agate the water, if it bubbles (soap bubbles), then detergent is still in your diapers. In that case strip your diapers.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I say it means there is less detergent residue. IME detergent residue leads to stiffness. A while back I was washing prefolds in a Tide and getting a musty smell when DS peed so I switched to Biokleen powder and the prefolds didn't smell anymore and were all much softer to boot. I love Tide but I do think it builds up, so when I notice that happening I switch. I recently did that since I have noticed our fitteds getting kind of crunchy, despite Ecover. I really think switching up detergents now and again is a good preventative measure for wash issues!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

mostly likly less residue. Unless they feel slimy soft your good to go. I WAS USING purex naturals but they gave my DD rash so DH got me some dreft (or rather he found a bottle I had in the closet) the dreft is a much cleaner rinsing detergents so diapers are nice and soft but not slimy and DD rash is gone. YEA!

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
ktgrok
Registered Users
seller

Awesome!!! That would be great news. They don't smell like anything, but it is Free and Clear detergent, so they wouldn't anyway, LOL. But they don't feel slimy like fabric softener, just softer. The prefolds seemed a bit fluffier too. The microfiber was what I really noticed, it wasn't all "grabby" on my hands like it normally is. Now, ,I did use oxiclean in this load, maybe that was it? But I have used it before, although this time it was the "free" version.
ktgrok is offline   Reply With Quote