Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EC?? who does this??

I was reading up on it last night.. and it sounds great and all.. but william has no hidden noises... yesterday I was holding him b4 his bath..and he was sucking his 2 fingers... and peed on me... never moved... or anything.. lol... what is the secret.. did it work for you ? how long does it take to catch on to the signs.. bc I honestly dont see it..

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EC?? who does this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
I was reading up on it last night.. and it sounds great and all.. but william has no hidden noises... yesterday I was holding him b4 his bath..and he was sucking his 2 fingers... and peed on me... never moved... or anything.. lol... what is the secret.. did it work for you ? how long does it take to catch on to the signs.. bc I honestly dont see it..
we do it dd used to consistantly give a cue but the past week its been hit or miss bc of teething...but even now she wets 2-3 dipes a day including nap dipes so im still happy w/it....lmk if you have any ?s im naking now
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
we do it dd used to consistantly give a cue but the past week its been hit or miss bc of teething...but even now she wets 2-3 dipes a day including nap dipes so im still happy w/it....lmk if you have any ?s im naking now
well when you get a min ..lol.. not NAK.. could you let me know what works for you ? I let him go diaper free a min ago..and he peed on my floor..LOL... like a puppy.. then crawled in it.. that might be a step forward
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when we first started we would take her immediately upon waking and after nursing...if she started squirming or fussing we would take her during nursing-i say we but i mean me...-we used to say "pssssssss" for peeing and "fppppppppp" for pooping even if she had already gone in her dipe so she would associate the noise w/the action
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
A'smommy
Registered Users

We did for a little while when DD was 2-3 months old. I would just hold her over the potty (actually the leftover sitz bath) and make the cueing sound. She did pee a few times on cue (probably just accidentally "on cue")---but it was a neat idea I thought. It went by the wayside when DH was gone for 3 months though. It was just too much for me to keep up with.

Ingrid Bauer wrote a book about it, and recommended just starting out trying to go once a day, or every couple hours or so, on a schedule. I think she said about 20 minutes after a feeding was a good time to try with the babe.