Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me convince DH that domperidone is safe.

I've taken domperidone for over a year and a half, with a few months' break between children. Everything I read said the pills were safe, and all the doctors and lactation consultants agreed. I got some from local compounding pharmacies but the bulk of it through inhousepharmacy with no issues. It's a legitimate site recommended by Dr. Newman - not some shady operation.

I had/have no side effects the entire time, other than perhaps weight gain from fluid retention. I had more side effects from the fenugreek - maple syrup-smelling gas!

Advertisement

Last edited by fallaway; 02-09-2011 at 05:19 PM.
fallaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I took it with yds for 10 months. Went from supplementing to sup free by 6 weeks old and still nursing since!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
RedheadMom09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been taking it for almost a year with no problems other than increased appetite and difficulty losing weight. I order from inhousepharmacy.biz. I agree with PP's suggestion about reviewing Dr. Newman's website and even emailing him if needed. My daughter's pediatrician recommended domperidone and even he said it was just as safe, if not safer, than using formula.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too take it and order it from inhousepharmacy. I spoke with my midwife about it and read about it on drjacknewman.com I agree in reading his website and sending him any questions you or DH may have. By the way, I used to have it compounded locally and it worked fine. But like you said it's SPENDY! I happened to have an order from inhouse laying around (I ordered before I got my Rx) and tried it. It works WAY BETTER then my compunded stuff ever did. So I fully trust them and love love love my results!
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
mama0609
Banned
seller

I order mine from inhousepharmacy.biz.. It comes in a box, blister sealed packing, name brand. I could see if it just came in a baggie not being sure what it is but even the back of each individual package of 25 has the brand name on it...

I would argue that you don't really know what's in formula either. And the side effects of domperidone are minimal. Very little of it passes through breast milk.
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
Ajlind5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There's another site-- www.birthwithlove.com where you can get it, and a lot sooner than inhousepharmacy.biz! Check it out ladies!
~Amanda~ Wife to 'JPR' and Mommy to DS1 :wave2: born 7.1.10,DS2 born 1.4.12 and with #3, due in December!
Ajlind5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
ricokatie
Registered Users

My Mood:

At our hospital the OB-GYN's will prescribe it...any chance of this??? It sounds like it's worth a shot, I have heard many positive stories about it.
ricokatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #18
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you have PCOS, you're gonna be out of luck with most medicinal herbs. I have PCOS, but I had the oversupply problem.

I'd look into the Dr. Newman thing pp said.
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #19
Zappa
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies! I showed him Dr. Jack Newman's site and brought up the many points you all made and he agreed that I could try it. I placed an order from inhousepharmacy.biz this morning. Now hopefully it will help me!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #20
mama0609
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlind5 View Post
There's another site-- www.birthwithlove.com where you can get it, and a lot sooner than inhousepharmacy.biz! Check it out ladies!

Whoa nelly is it expensive... I wouldn't pay those prices unless I was desparate!

I get 6 boxes for $80 from in house.

OP - I'm glad DH saw the light... Is it bad that mine never got a say (even though he'd fully support me in whatever, knowing I researched the crap outta it)?
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote