Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weehuggers?

Who's tried them? I am thinking of getting just the covers to use with PF's. My only complaint about PF's with DS was wicking at the top. A cover like the Weehuggers seems like it would prevent that because of the pockets, and I like that they have 2 sizes. I may eventually get some of their inserts as well, but I feel like the PF's are a better bed for runny newborn poop. Any reviews or other suggestions?

Advertisement

NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
kameroosky
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weehuggers?

I love my weehuggers! Their really great diapers but I do have a couple problems with them. The top bamboo flap that sits against the skin gets wet (with a boy) which is kind of annoying. I use to use them as a night time diaper with a flip insert but I was finding that they wicked. Apparently only prints do it but not solids. They dont wick during normal use though and they dont wick at the top. Other then that I love them and I LOVE their prints. I too like the two size option. Size one gets itty bitty which is perfect for a newbie. I use PFs in mine for day use and it works great
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
leightymae
Registered Users
Formerly: a***on
seller

My Mood:

I have one lone Weehuggers cover, but it's the one I reach for the most. I love that the flaps hold the PF in place and we've never had a leak. Although I have a solid colour one and I've heard that the printed ones can wick after a while. I've never tried a print one, because I love my solid colours!!
-due #3 July 28
leightymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't love them. I liked my Thirsties covers and GroVia shells better.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the reviews. I don't necessarily mind if they can feel wetness, and I only use pockets at night, so I'm not worried about night use. It's good to hear that the prints can wick though. I love the prints, but I might buy fewer in that case.
NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 and don't like them. The rise snaps come unsnapped really easily - when ds was crawling he always popped these snaps so the pf would shift. They never worked well for him until he could use them unsnapped. For me the pockets to tuck the pf into is a joke - the pf always slips out of it. So I just lay the pf in the cover like any other cover. I don't have prints just solids - they work fine - don't wick. But I like other covers better that were a lot cheaper.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just purchased one and I like it so far. They do run small the size one just fits our 8wk old on the last rise snap and she is not a big girl (6lb14oz@birth). So if I get any more it will be size 2 for sure!! Love the prints though and if your looking to give them a try they have some seconds on the swaddlebees website for $11.00...
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
ptmama
Registered Users

I have three Weehuggers covers and I love them! Two have aplix (don't love those as much) and one has snaps. I haven't experienced the wicking problem with the prints. I really love the size one with snaps that I have. I think the interior pockets are so helpful to keep the pfs I use as inserts in place. I rarely have them shift and that's with a very active 2.5 yo and a 9 mo who is crawling all over the place!
ptmama is offline   Reply With Quote