Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Feeling pregnant?

So, even though I got the BFP, it won't sink in. I keep waiting for my af to randomly show up. I feel almost weird that it hasn't. Has anyone else had this dilemma in the beginning of a pregnancy?

I mean, I'm estatic, but it seems like I have this mental block saying "shush, you can't really be pregnant"

Any help??

Advertisement

mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: Feeling pregnant?

enjoy it!!! As the progesterone builds it will hit you!! OR you may be REALLY lucky.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytaylor View Post
So, even though I got the BFP, it won't sink in. I keep waiting for my af to randomly show up. I feel almost weird that it hasn't. Has anyone else had this dilemma in the beginning of a pregnancy?

I mean, I'm estatic, but it seems like I have this mental block saying "shush, you can't really be pregnant"

Any help??
Mama I am right there with you. This morning I went out for more pregnancy test but talked myself out of it and called the OB instead. I don't feel pregnant (of course I never do until the end of the first trimester) and am still in shock and possibly a bit of denial about the BFP. Everytime I wipe I check for blood, I wanted chocolate last night and thought that meant AF was going to come.

This is my 4th baby and it's always this way. I found out with #1 when I was 13 weeks along, #2 when I was 11 weeks along and #3 when I was 10 weeks along. I never had a symptom when I found out (that's why it always took so long, being pregnant never occured to me). I n a few weeks you'll start to realize but unless you get morning sickness that too will feel like more severe PMS.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

yup i was the same way. i ended up POAS 6 or 7 times adn even then it didnt really sink in until i heard the HB.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

For me it didnt sink in until just this past week or so, I would tell myself every morning you arnt getting pudgey you are pregnant, take your pills for the baby, eat good for the baby, but it didnt work. I was in complete denial and the only thing that kept me sane was having an u/s once a week. :P
Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hehehe... sounds 100% normal to me! Still no BFP for me, but today is only 9dpo so I'm still hoping to join you!!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
StephNelson
Registered Users

My Mood:

After 3 M/C here, when I saw the BFP I was in denial, when it did sink in I was sure we would M/C, now he is moving all the time and I am excited, worried, happy, scared....lol You know all the things the lovely hormones do to you...

Steph
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

i know exactly how you feel! i was just telling my husband last night that i NEED some symptoms here!!

i was so so so sick with my son starting at five weeks, i'm only 4 w 1 day now, so i know i have time still before i really start to freak (if no symptoms show). my temperature was crazy high this morning, so that makes me feel better, and i have had some dull nausea on and off. i know i'll be kicking myself in a few weeks, but i told my husband, "i can't wait till i'm puking everyday!"
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #9
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Whew.

Thank you mamas, it is soooooo good to hear I'm not losing it here

I, too, had to resist the urge to get more HPTs to confirm what I've already confirmed 3 times (yes, I totally tested my BFP 3 times)....
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Congrats mama i took 4 tests with this baby too, it was just unreal..lol
the m/s started soon after my bfp so be on the lookout..hehehe
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote