Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
hmmclever
Registered Users
seller

Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ?

Hey Ladies, I've tried to look some stuff up on my own, but havent come up with much of anything. I had a successful VBAC with my daughter in Dec. 09 after 1 c-section with my son. I am pregnant with #3 and am having so much pressure, weird pains and they seem to be right where my c-section scar is, SO my question is have you read about/known/experienced a uterine rupture during a pregnancy/labor AFTER already having a successful VBAC?

Advertisement

Laura, wife to my hard working husband Brandan, mom to Luke (5/08) and my VBAC babies Clara (12/09) Asher (4/11) and Lydia (3/13). "I expect to pass through life but once, if, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not deter it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn
hmmclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ?

I have not, but it is normal to have pain or discomfort from adhesions even if you have had a VBAC since your primary c/s. You can rub epo on the scar to help break them up.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

If you were having uterine tearing it would be unimaginable pain and excessive bleeding. I agree with PP its proby scar tissue stretching

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I have not, but it is normal to have pain or discomfort from adhesions even if you have had a VBAC since your primary c/s. You can rub epo on the scar to help break them up.
I agree. I had a lot of discomfort (especially in the 2nd trimester) in my last pregancy. I had expressed concern to my midwife who has done LOTS of VBACs and she said it was totally normal and to be expected as the scar tissue stretches. I had a little of same discomfort early on in this pregnancy (I had the c/s with #3 and a VBAC w/ #4) and a chiropractic adjustment helped tremendously.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think pains get worse with each pregnancy because the scarring is worse each time from stretching. I wouldn't hesitate to have the doc check it out though. Better safe than sorry And yes, you would know if it were ruptured...
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
hmmclever
Registered Users
seller

oh! no no! i dont think im ruptured/rupturing! Im not in labor or anything and i know the pain would be unbearable! (Im currently 32 weeks) Thats not my concern at the moment, i was just wondering if anyone had heard of someone rupturing during a second, third, fourth, etc. VBAC!
Laura, wife to my hard working husband Brandan, mom to Luke (5/08) and my VBAC babies Clara (12/09) Asher (4/11) and Lydia (3/13). "I expect to pass through life but once, if, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not deter it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn
hmmclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I understand, the chances of uterine rupture after a successful VBAC are just about as low as they would be for someone who had no uterine scar.
http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustileigh View Post
From what I understand, the chances of uterine rupture after a successful VBAC are just about as low as they would be for someone who had no uterine scar.
Good to know! Whoohoo!

OP, I had lots of stretching "growing pains" with my second as well.
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Your uterine rupture is the same as it was when you VBAC'd your 2nd. I am getting ready to attempt a VBAC after 3 c/s (I've tried to VBAC all of them), and even my % for uterine rupture is not MUCH higher than yours. Just because you had a VBAC, doesn't erase that c/s, so your % is still the same.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

BTW: I have that pain also...and I have gotten to labor with all three of mine (only got to push with #1)...and I've had 3 c/s in 3yrs...so techinally I could be at a little higher risk for rupture...and still I haven't Such a small percentage...and I don't actually personally no of anyone or heard of anyone from a friend that has ruptured