Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ?

There are different degrees of rupture and pulling apart. My scar with baby #3 was burning- not a tugging or pulling feeling more like a hot lighter was sitting on the edge of it, and when I was opened up there was a "window" in my uterus right there where you could see through to the baby in the exact spot, my scar was starting to pull apart.

This time it is happening again but I am holding off on letting the OB take the baby.

Anna (26) wife to Kevin (29) ~very conservative, Jesus loving,
breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing,
extended rear facing, no-circ, no-vax, no-fluoride, proud SAHM/photographer mommy to
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #12
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
My Mood:

I have personally known two friends it happened to. One was delivering her 5th child after 3 successful vbacs (1st pregnancy was a c/s),but potosin was used and she had to sign a paper stating she understood it could cause a rupture. The second was a friend delivering her 6th after 3 successful vbacs and her water broke at home they went to the hospital she was pushing and it ruptured as the baby was coming out,but no pitcocin was used. Both were completely unexpected and both of them would have died with in minutes if they didn't have the OR right there. I don't think there is any way to tell who is "safe" or "at risk" I would say as long as you are at a hospital that can handle it if something goes wrong then try for a vbac but feel confident that if something goes wrong another c/s is an option.
CATHOLIC, Open to life,Pro-life from moment of conception to natural death ,mom of many blessings who LOVES to sew when I can find the time
Please excuse any typos ,my laptop keyboard has a mind of it's own
booty hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
formerly 4boysMomma
My Mood:

I have had 2 c/s followed by 2 VBACs and my inner c/s scar has bothered me every pregnancy just like that, this one included and I am only 9 weeks. Its scar tissue and adhesions stretching. Keep in mind it wasn't just your uterus that was cut - there were several layers of tissue inside that have scar tissue as well. I tend to have bladder pain and a strange tugging sensation during pregnancy and I am certain it is related to scar tissue/adhesions. You can get your scar checked via ultrasound if you are worried something is wrong. I have never had it done but a MW I saw wanted me to do it with DS4 (my second VBAC) but I ended switching to an OB my second trimester and he didn't think it was necessary. I don't know how effective it is or how much they can tell from it, the MW seemed to think it was a good idea, but she was surprisingly cautious of me having a VBAC after 2 c/s even though I'd already had a successful one. I didn't like that so I moved on.
Mom of six boys
DS(18)DS(15) DS(13) DS(5) DS(2) and Baby DS
who are the love of my life and the bane of my existence all wrapped up in one wonderful wacky package.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote