Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3D ultrasound

So my husband really really wants a 3D ultrasound. I personally do not but I was thinking since this is our last baby that maybe I should surprise him with it for his Valentines Day present.

Anyone else not really want one and get one and then love it?

I have done some research and the cheapest I have found is $130 for it. I live in Iowa, anyone know of a place with a better price?

Advertisement

whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3D ultrasound

It really is very exciting! I didn't want to do it with our first child, but DH was dying to do it, so we did it as our Christmas gift to each other. It was so incredible to get a sneak peak at our daughter before she was born! We tried with our son, but he WOULD NOT cooperate! We got a few profile shots and a lot of pictures of his hands in front of his face, his back, the top of his head, etc!!! We had it done at my OBGYN's office both times. Fortunately they had different packages available and there was no charge if the ultrasounds tech said you had an uncooperative baby. We went back a second time a week or so later and the thing happened! The tech even had me drink some Mt. Dew, walk for thirty minutes and come back!!! Still no luck, but it was so so so cool to see our son move around! It was great motivation to get me through the last two months or so of my pregnancy . . . just to see his beautiful little face!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I did it and loved it you can see how ours turned out here:

Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He brought it up again today so I told him what I was thinking. We are going to get the bills paid, buy what we need for the baby and kids and see what we have left money wise and talk about it then.
whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that's a lot! I got one done this time to verify baby's sex because the tech was unsure at my 20 week ultrasound. We only paid $75, though there were more expensive (longer, more printed prints, etc) packages available. It was worth it to me, because we really wanted that verification! But I don't think I'd do it again (unless we needed that verification again ). I wasn't really amazed by it or anything. But if this is your last little one and dh is set on it, hopefully you have the extra moola to do it for him.

Eta: If I did do it again, I would wait until I was at about 8 months along. I was about 21 weeks when we did it and the baby looked like Voldamort. She wasn't all chubby and cute like the samples they show you. lol

Last edited by ThreadsThatBind; 02-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.
ThreadsThatBind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
luckymomma84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes schools that are training students in this offer it free. My friends going back for her second this week. No cost totally free. They do this to give the studens hands on experience. They may not be as perfect as the high costs ones but I think hers turned out good, and maybe if the first one doesnt turn out so good you can arrange for a second. Id try calling around to different trade schools and what not
luckymomma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had 3D ultrasounds once or twice a month at my high risk doctor when I was pregnant with DD and it was really, really neat. We enjoyed it.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Ashl3y
Registered Users
seller

We were the other way around. I wanted it and BF did not, but we went and he ended up loving it!
Ashl3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
fishingfamily
Registered Users

I loved it!!

I got long medical ones with both my DS and DD. Got to see both in 4D. I loved it. Both were very long. With DS I got one at 17wks that was the medical long one, then at 41wks because my doctor got the new machine and really wanted to see a past-term baby and how squished they really looked. Amazing. DD, I got them every other week, amazing each time.

This time around, if we don't get a medical one we'll get one around 30 weeks on our own.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Similar position here, Whitney.

With Finley, DH really wanted a 3D at the end. I always though they were creepy. We didn't make it far enough with him, so we never made a decision.

This time, we talked about it again. I decided that since he really wants it, I can do it for him, and it'll probably be cool anyway, once I do it. (And it'll be MY baby, so of course I'll think it's cute, right? Lol)

But as a PP mentioned, we are waiting until late 2nd trimester and then we'll do another one late 3rd trimester. (our place has a package deal that we are doing)
I like the later ones better, when baby has more fat on it...right now there isn't fat on the baby like that, and I think those are way creepy. Lol
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote