Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #31
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Uh, why did this change? Body of pm's not showing in notification emails

Yeah, I really liked having the messages in my email. It's the only thing I can check all day. I can't be on DS all day, though.

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #32
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm hoping it changes back as well. That's the only way I can find WHICH PM has someone's address since I can't keep my PMs, but with the swaps forum I usually have 80+pms a week so I "need" them in my email
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ladies, this change was made for two reasons.

(1) The communication between the seller and buyer was being hindered as people would respond to the email notification of the Private Message rather than replying to the PM itself. Countless problems with miscommunication resulted from this - enough to warrant a move to change the way PMs are displayed in the notification emails.

This change will help everyone send and receive the messages they intend to share without leaving any party hanging in the air waiting for a response or thinking that a response went through.

(2) Every single time that a member replied to the Private Message notification email that same email was sent to the Contact Us inbox. This caused unnecessary filling of the box and cluttered the space with unnecessary messages. The change in how the notifications are now displayed will help the Contact Us email to be more effective in receiving and responding to the messages from members that really need assistance.

I apologize if this change seems annoying but it will help in greatly reducing the number of miscommunication situations we have experienced in the past.

Thanks for your support!
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry, but it's VERY clear in the email "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE" and tells you exactly how to reply to the PM. And this is going to sound mean, but if you can't read those directions, you don't need to be swapping. I mean, really, we're all adults here and we can all read. Put on your big girl panties and follow the frickin directions.

Maybe you could have those emails sent from a "non deliverable" email address? I know things I've gotten before and I've replied to will bounce back and let me know that it's not deliveralble. That way, they'd figure out that they sent it wrong right away and you guys wouldn't get a bunch of extra junk either.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #35
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
I'm sorry, but it's VERY clear in the email "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE" and tells you exactly how to reply to the PM. And this is going to sound mean, but if you can't read those directions, you don't need to be swapping. I mean, really, we're all adults here and we can all read. Put on your big girl panties and follow the frickin directions.

Maybe you could have those emails sent from a "non deliverable" email address? I know things I've gotten before and I've replied to will bounce back and let me know that it's not deliveralble. That way, they'd figure out that they sent it wrong right away and you guys wouldn't get a bunch of extra junk either.
{STANDS AND APPLAUDS}
It really is a pretty straightforward and easy process. I dont understand whats so hard about responding to a PM.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #36
bbraymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Seems like the few that can't get it, dictate how the rest of us are treated. There has to be a way to reprogram the "contact us" issue with in the software.
bbraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

werd
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #38
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand the reasoning, but I am not happy about this change either. I file every single DS email notification. It will stay forever in my yahoo account whereas my DS PM box space is limited and I have to delete those messages after just a few short months. I have gone back into my email file several times to pull up PM messages that had been long since deleted from my DS PM box.
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #39
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ridiculous.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #40
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree this change is silly. Punish the group for the ignorance if a few.

The admin who replied didn't mention reason #3

3. To get people to pay to be site supporters, which will increase pm inbox size.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote