Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #71
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Uh, why did this change? Body of pm's not showing in notification emails

I did just read through the reasoning for the change. I hope there is a way to fix our requests and still make it easier for the site to function. I would love to be able to have the emails as a back up. Thanks for the great site!

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #72
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

So in instances like these, when something is wrong, and the fix doesn't meet the needs of the users, the first thing to look at is, could this be handled in a different way? Obviously people check PMs on phones now, they have replaced computers for a LOT of everyday functions.

DS can't be supported on phones. At least not any phones I've owned or used. I'm sure any day one will come out for an exorbitant price I can't afford that can do it, but that's a different story

What about separately hosting PMs if it's such a scam issue? Send a link to retrieve your PM that downloads it to your mailbox. (Link obviously can't direct you to the main DS site or it will crash the phone). It marks the PM as read when you do this. You have to provide a PIN or a password.

I mean no disrespect at all- in my work we've had lots of ideas to improve things that break them for the majority of users. We set the "fix" back to how it was and brainstorm another solution. (And on that note I don't want to get fired from said work because I used a secure company computer to log in to DS to check a PM to make sure it wasn't urgent since I wouldn't be at home for 13 hours and can't check on my phone anymore-which yes I did do this week...)
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #73
bbraymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, has there been any update on this from the admin?
bbraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #74
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcmaho View Post
I'm hoping it changes back as well. That's the only way I can find WHICH PM has someone's address since I can't keep my PMs, but with the swaps forum I usually have 80+pms a week so I "need" them in my email
THIS!! I like having the copy of the transaction/conversation in my email so i can clean out my inbox occasionally and still have a record of what went on.

It's almost been a full month! Please, change it back!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #75
Smalls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Add me to the change it back group. I understand why, iguess, but scammers are going to scam no matter what. They will just ignore their emails! I do have a phone that can access DS and I'm floored how incredibslow and delayed it is (and I'm on 3G!). There has got to be a better way. And to tick off all of us to catch 1 or 2 scammers? IDK. Sounds a little weak to me.
not to mention forcing us to DS also forces us to read the annoying advertisements.
please consider adding 0's to the app so I don't have to.come to this god_awful site on my phone!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #76
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just for the record...add me to the unhappy camper list
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #77
Elsaraw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

this is driving me nuts, I wish it would change back
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #78
momof2littles
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~
I will report this thread so this can be looked into.

I wasn't aware of the change but it very well could have gone into place due to a handful of women this week saying they weren't aware of an issue when all three were getting pm's sent to their email. I can see how having to log on to DS would at least ensure to parties having an issue and team members, that the person did indeed get the message.

yup

Probably not but even most scammers are pretty curious to know what is being said to them or about them. It's something that we just can't help as women
This! It certainly is a good thing! Just click the link and you'll go straight to the pm.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #79
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Add me to the change it back group. I understand why, iguess, but scammers are going to scam no matter what. They will just ignore their emails! I do have a phone that can access DS and I'm floored how incredibslow and delayed it is (and I'm on 3G!). There has got to be a better way. And to tick off all of us to catch 1 or 2 scammers? IDK. Sounds a little weak to me.
not to mention forcing us to DS also forces us to read the annoying advertisements.
please consider adding 0's to the app so I don't have to.come to this god_awful site on my phone!
This was not done to tick members off and, as already explained, there were other reasons behind the decision. I mentioned what I thought *might* have happened but Juan posted as well.

I'm curious after reading your post and a little confused too.

Who is forcing you to use DS?

Also, if you do truly feel the site is so awful, but can't stay away, I have had a few members request their account be banned to keep them from returning (due more to a buying addiction and the amount of time they were spending on here daily though) If you do not wish to be here but are having trouble with being able to stay away, I can offer this option to you.

We do not force anyone to come here and have always been forthcoming with methods to get around the ads (without having to become a site supporter)

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 03-04-2011 at 09:16 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #80
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallaway View Post
Also, I keep messages until a FSOT transaction is done, which fills up my message box fast. So the backup is to save the email, then it's ok to clear out the message box. Now I can't do that. If it stays this way, I'd like the PM quota raised.
I do this as well because I like to have my backup and don't want to accidentally erase a PM while cleaning out my inbox for a transaction that isnt finished yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
I'm sorry, but it's VERY clear in the email "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE" and tells you exactly how to reply to the PM. And this is going to sound mean, but if you can't read those directions, you don't need to be swapping. I mean, really, we're all adults here and we can all read. Put on your big girl panties and follow the frickin directions.

Maybe you could have those emails sent from a "non deliverable" email address? I know things I've gotten before and I've replied to will bounce back and let me know that it's not deliveralble. That way, they'd figure out that they sent it wrong right away and you guys wouldn't get a bunch of extra junk either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbraymom View Post
This is how I read it too.
I'm glad that the new procedure nabbed a banned person, that's awesome!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote