Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Passing out...

Or almost passing out. It started happening last week. I was actually driving to work and first my arms started feeling numb and then I got really sweaty and disoriented and made the good decision to pull over (into an apartment complex) to rest. I reclined the seat, rolled to my left and felt a little better. But not before getting super sweaty and anxious. This has only really happened before when they were doing the Fetal Survey u/s and I was lying flat on my back.

Thought it had gotten better but it happened yesterday when I was sitting in our cabinet designer's office (we're remodeling) and I was just sitting there. All the same symptoms until all of a sudden my vision started blurring. I think I freaked him out but I just stood up and said "I need to use the restroom - I feel faint." I went to the bathroom and put my head between my knees. My ears got that clogged/underwater feeling and it took me a good 5-10 minutes to feel normal again.

What is this? I have an appt. with my doc next week and will talk to her then. Anyone have any experience with this? I thought it only happened when you were flat on your back but it is happening to me just sitting. I find that when I sit if I lean forward it's less likely to happen but still. I feel banned from driving or going ANYWHERE. It's kind of scary.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Passing out...

f you find that it is happening more frequently maybe you should try to get in earlier than next week. I have not experienced it with either pregnancy.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had low blood pressure problems with both pregnancies and it sounds exactly like that. That's why I had to stop driving (I used to drive for work.) I'd call and ask your doctor, they may want to see you sooner.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Last edited by CntryMama; 11-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Agreed with everyone else. Sounds like low blood pressure, and definately something to check with the OB about sooner than later. Scary when you are driving! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with what everyone has said. Keep us posted Mama!
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah Jules....I would definitely call your doctor.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm with the gals, call ASAP. They'll let you know if you can get in earlier. Hope it gets figured out for you!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would call the OB ASAP to rule out anything serious!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNiz View Post
This happens to me too!! The last time it happened I was at home and thought "I should take my blood pressure" - it was really low 92/50. I just layed on the bathroom floor until I felt better then eat some food. I think sometimes it is related to not eating every two hours (low blood sugar). I forget to eat when I am just going and going and going. I hope you start to feel better and its nothing serious!
92/50 is normal for me!! So when mine drops just a tiny but I get super dizzy since it's normally so low in the first place.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote