Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
I'm firing up my dehydrator for the first time today!

We'll see how this baby works out. I mostly bought it so that dh could dry his hot peppers, but we're going to try some blueberries and tomatoes in it before we pull out the peppers, so we can get the process down a bit. I feel like Doofensmirtz in Phineas and Ferb: "It all started with the Fruit Dehydrator. I've been eating hydrated fruit like a sucker my whole life!"

I did make an oopsie when I bought it. I just wanted one with stainless steel trays and a timer, and pretty much the only one I came across was the TSM brand (the sausage maker ). It had great reviews, so I pulled the trigger without measuring it, and well, let's just say that once I get my laundry room renovated, its going in there. That sucker is HUGE.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm firing up my dehydrator for the first time today!

Good luck! I have been wanting one for the longest time and I had to laugh at your Phineas and Ferb comment. My kids love it and its one of the few that I like to watch with them.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that show too!! It's so funny!!

We have two. I had one and then my hubby had to buy a "better" one. Ugh!! He used to make beef jerky all the time. He hasn't lately. I could go for some!! lol

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post
I love that show too!! It's so funny!!

We have two. I had one and then my hubby had to buy a "better" one. Ugh!! He used to make beef jerky all the time. He hasn't lately. I could go for some!! lol
oh yeah thats a good idea. We could make deer jerky! DH is not a hunter but we live in a rural area so most of his friends are. We always have half the freezer full. We have a whole shoulder (I think?) in there right now...what the heck am I supposed to do with that thing?!