Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Getting really anxious

I WANT HIM. I want him now. I want to snuggle in bed with him and kiss his tiny fingers. I want to nurse him, I want to wear him all day long. I want to diaper him. I want to put kisses all over his tiny face.

And then- I'm scared out of my mind at how this is all going to change our family! My kids are 3 and 4! They are nearly totally self sufficient! they get their own breakfast, take themselves to the bathroom, put their own movies in. And yet they are SO DEMANDING. It's going to be hard, I have no doubt.

I just wanna BE THERE already! I know it's only going to get worse.....

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

Re: Getting really anxious

Me too! I am the most impatient person in the world and I just want him out now! We haven't started on the nursery yet, but hopefully we will soon and that will give me something to focus on for a while. Plus, I have my daughter's birthday party coming up and we are taking a trip in a few weeks, so I try to look forward to those things and not think about those 15 weeks that I have to go. Try to make some plans, even if it is something small. Or start a project. Having something to do or to look forward to really helps me.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Me too...but mind is selffish. This kid for only weighing 2.5 lbs is really hurting me with all the kicking and movements. I'm ready to be done with this step and onto the next one.....But terrified at the same time because I'm so busy all day long-and I know that will come to a halt for a long while afterwards..
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
I WANT HIM. I want him now. I want to snuggle in bed with him and kiss his tiny fingers. I want to nurse him, I want to wear him all day long. I want to diaper him. I want to put kisses all over his tiny face.
Eeek! Same here

But then we don't have the nursery even started yet so I guess we aren't exactly ready.

I can't wait to hold him and snuggle him though.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I will be by the time the end is here. My other kids keep me so busy sometimes I forget there will be another one! I'm not really worried about her fitting in and changing everything, it sounds strange, but I really think this baby will be a breeze, and just roll right on in w/ the rest of us. Having twins was so incredibly hard b/c my others were just 2 and 4 at the time, I cannot imagine this baby being anywhere NEAR as hard as that. I am not looking forward to sleepless nights, but other than that I jsut figure she will fit right on in!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need the extra time....I'm realizing that DS is still totally NEEDY. I'm constantly getting him something to eat/drink. Changing a video on his TV, or I spend insane amounts of time searching for misplaced toys! Plus, now that he's PL-ing I have to CONSTANTLY take him to the potty or risk accidents. He still doesn't usually tell me he has to go so even when I DO get him to pee, he often will pee his pants within 30-45 min if I don't take him again He doesn't pull down his pants or undies yet by himself so it's all me. It's SO time consuming right now. I'm hoping the PL-ing thing kind of just falls into place by May.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
I need the extra time....I'm realizing that DS is still totally NEEDY. I'm constantly getting him something to eat/drink. Changing a video on his TV, or I spend insane amounts of time searching for misplaced toys! Plus, now that he's PL-ing I have to CONSTANTLY take him to the potty or risk accidents. He still doesn't usually tell me he has to go so even when I DO get him to pee, he often will pee his pants within 30-45 min if I don't take him again He doesn't pull down his pants or undies yet by himself so it's all me. It's SO time consuming right now. I'm hoping the PL-ing thing kind of just falls into place by May.
This is us for DS except the PL thing. We went through that stage too but after about a week or two he figured out how to hold it longer. It'll come
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want her to be here, but I am really hoping to get DS potty trained before she arrives. The problem is I have no energy to potty train and DS is in no way interested ( he is 29 months).
Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
chippybug10
Registered Users

Definitely having the same feelings here! I started to get excited/anxious back in mid-January, and by now I feel like I'm going stir crazy I know life will get crazy and hellish at times with a nb and 18m old, but the waiting is killing me. I want to hold and cuddle with her and introduce her to DS.

At the same time, I'm also getting a bit scared about going through labor again. It wasn't horribly horrible with DS, but now that I know what it's actually like I'm not really anxious about repeating that part
Old 02-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For so long I was anxious and now I just want them to stay in there a WHOLE LOT LONGER! I have to say I'm not near as exhausted by the logistics this time around. With #3 I had a 3 and 1 year old waiting at home. With #4 I had a barely 5, 3, and 1 year old waiting at home. This time just doesn't seem so tough. Everyone is self-sufficient. Everyone can go potty on their own. Everyone can shower on their own and get dressed. Heck the middle two can make PB&J dinners and the oldest (9) can make quite a few things if I really need help! I have 2 girls old enough that could hold the babies while I make an emergency bathroom run....I have never had all these luxuries before!

Last edited by watermelon; 02-10-2011 at 04:29 PM.
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote