Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Getting really anxious

OMG, I totally get the self sufficient part! Mine are 13 (almost 14) and 6...sometimes I wonder what we were thinking! ROFL!!!

But yeah...I can't wait either!

T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Registered Users

I totally get what you all are saying.

Its so much easier the more you have, especially with older ones to snuggle the babies to death You will all be surprised at how easy the transition really is... although... I strongly advise everyone to put a post it note on your steering wheel. "WHERE IS THE BABY?" so you don't ever pull out on an errand with everyone else getting their own shoes on and going and if the baby was being quiet or asleep when you go. Don't ask me why I know this is good advice... just sayin'!

Personally, I can wait. It helps a lot that Im not "feeling" pregnant physically and have no discomfort wanting me to push this along. But the amount of life changing stressors going on in my life right now are outrageously brutal. I swear a horse would have died by this point. The thought of 2-3 hour nursings, and crying through the night, and always having a baby strapped on or in my arms or in tow is still a bit overwhelming. I can barely hold it together myself right now, and need to get thru all of this.

But I know Ill be itching for her to be here VERY soon. And once she's here, I wont be able to imagine life without her.
A., knitting sewing SAH/WAHM to Eight!(and that still might not be enough) Married to R., my non-dancing computer geek soulmate.
We are an open and accepting, although opinionated, multilingual & ASL fluent culturally diverse family who live by the D-BAD rule. (Don't Be A Dink!) If you are going to BAD, have a seat.
Mama4Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6

I am totally ready for my 6th little guy, but at the same time I am not ready at all. I am going to have six under six, so I am a little unsure of how that will go since I am on my own. and when I say not ready at all, I mean I haven't done a single thing to prepare for his arrival yet. I have bought a couple of things, but he has a total of 2 diapers, and a couple shirts I got specially for him. So, on that note, I am happy that I have a few more months to prepare!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #14
Registered Users

This being my first I go back and forth between wanting to be a mommy right now and meet him and see how great and wonderful he is.

And then I go to be freaked out of my mind and anxious about the whole thing. Because it's all so new and "your life is going to change so much" and all that other stuff people say to you.

I'm so done being pregnant because I'm so uncomfortable, but I also think I'm not quite ready yet to have him here.

The feeling definitely got better once some nursery stuff was done and we started our kitchen remodel. Maybe after the baby shower I'll feel better since I have more STUFF.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have EVERYTHING ready for babe. Everything is set up completely. I don't have 1 thing left to do for him. So i'm prepared. But am trying to soak up this last pregnancy But I don't have the self sufficient kids, since they are 3,2,1yr. so I think it won't be too much of an adujustment. I still do most everything constantly through out the day, might as well throw another one in the bunch.
Lexy: Wife 2 Bobby and SAHM to all boys: Elijah, Isaak, Ethan, Sheldon, and Simeon
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just want to have everything ready! DH leaves in about 3-4wks and I feel utterly unprepared! As soon as we get the house in order and the hospital bag packed I will be ready to cuddle and love him until the cows come home. For now though hang out Little guy mama has too much to get ready!
Jules: Fitness instructor and Navy Wife to Aaron (9/10/05) . SAHM to Three Littles!
Regan (11/8/07), Tamsyn (11/20/08), and Elliot(4/20/11).
Julesboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I feel like that. I'm like: "I can't wait to hold him, put his diapers on, snuggle in bed and nurse him, (really?! Yeah; right!) lol
DS1 is SUPER active, and needy. Still up mult. times a night. Sometimes it takes an hour to get him down to sleep. He's tantruming now; which is usually much worse because he's teething. He'll run after me screaming and bang his head on my legs. >_<
if he wants something and you tell him out. It doesn't go over at ALL. haha.
ehh, it's going to be super difficult. Luckily my parents will be here the first week, so they should be able to help with him a little, and give me a chance to snuggle the babe. But at the same time I'm concerned for DS; I don't want him to be jealous. Though he'll be 2 the week before babe is due, and he kisses my belly and says "thank you; Caleb" lol. The other day I was like "Do you want to meet Caleb?" and he said "Yes!" usually he doesn't answer with yes, it's just "uhh" (korean style~ haha!) It was too sweet.
I'd love to get him into a bedtime routine where he falls asleep on his own...but he's not ready. The other day he thought I left and reached out to find me. He still needs his mama. I'm a little worried; but I don't want to push him. He's an "older brother" but he's still a baby himself! Yep; it's going to be difficult!!
mama to three sweet, rough & tumble boys who always keep me on my feet:
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote