Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
marym4kiddos
Registered Users
Formerly: marymeyer3
seller
seller

My Mood:
were you worried about....

Hi - I was just wondering if you had any advice or experience with this.....my niece gave birth to twins at 28 weeks - the boys are now a month old and doing great! But I was wondering if you had older kids - were you worried about taking your preemie out in the cold to go get your other kids home from school, activities, etc.? Like from your house to the car? I know that with them being so early they are more likely to get sick So wondering if being outside in the cold for a minute or two would be dangerous to them? KWIM?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by marym4kiddos; 07-11-2011 at 01:27 PM.
marym4kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine were 27weekers born in October. They came home in December. Recently discharged preemies have lots of doctor appointments and it never failed the temp would drop ten degrees the day we had to go out. No matter how many blankets I put on or how thick a hat, they both would drop their temp. Drove me batty and worried me to death. Even if I had had the energy to go out, I wouldn't of because they just didn't tolerate it!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
marym4kiddos
Registered Users
Formerly: marymeyer3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: were you worried about....

yeah - we were worried about that happening She is hoping to bring them home within the next 3 weeks....I guess the one thing they will have going for them is that they will be a little older before winter hits our town....at least I hope that would help..