Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Registered Users
Tongue Tie

Just found out my daughter has this- don't know how severe yet. I'm going to call to have her evaluated by an ENT tomorrow. In the meantime, wondering if anyone else experienced this and might have some advice to help with our breastfeeding until then. She's 4.5 months and formula supplemented. This is the first time I've had some real hope that we could improve things and that my low supply issues may not be either of our fault.

Mommy2JandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tongue Tie

Ah yes, we found DS around 4 mo after some rough bf'ing. My supply would plummet after I would finally get it reestablished with pumping and fenugreek. DS had a tongue and upper lip tie which we ended up getting clipped at 5 months after lots of research and trying to be sure that was the problem. He had all the side things too - high arched palate, recessed chin. We had it clipped and though that day and the day or two after were rough (you have to stretch the cut back open so it doesn't heal itself back closed and DS didn't really like that, but one day of tyelenol helped)...after that life was good. I remember coming out after nursing him to the living room crying and DH was so nervous but I was so happy because DS finally nursed a long nurse, a full let down, he pulled off with some milk still in his mouth, smiled and went to sleep (mind you he doesn't normally sleep like that now but...) it was such a great feeling to actually nurse. He's still an active nurser (wiggles and squiggles like you wouldn't believe) but he's actually getting milk and gaining weight. Sending you love.
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote