Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else prefer the couch?

I can't sleep in the same bed as DH when I'm pregnant... especially the first trimester. He flops around a ton, and it makes the bed bounce, and that makes the nausea even worse...

Honestly, I wish we just had two separate beds. Preferably in two separate rooms. I love him to pieces, but I love him more when I can sleep. He's a total bed & cover hog. And he snores.

Advertisement

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
alisha_roseleip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I *thought* the bed was uncomfortable until I spent a few nights in the hossy with my pregnancy. OMG!! When I got out I all of a sudden thought that the bed was amazing. DH has always been the one to move to the couch when I was pg until we got a king size bed. Now he sleeps with the older two in the bed and I sleep on the couch with the baby on bad nights.
It is not out of meanness or rudeness but it is not yours unless you ask for paypal address or you ask me to hold it for you because we are working on a deal. Asking for more pics does not mean we are in the middle of a deal
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
angelbabybailey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh and myself have taken quite a liking to our big comfy microseude sectional..

We really need to buy a new bed as it really is bothering both of our backs, but it just is not in the budget right now. So we are making due but definetly now complaining..I love our couch~
angelbabybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds1 I slept on the couch the entire time. Only way I could get comfy. With ds2 I just went and bought a new bed, so it was really nice.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
triplem_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD3, and now this pregnancy, I have been doing a lot of sleeping on the couch. I would love a recliner, but have nowhere to put it, nor money to buy it. DH asked me what we are going to do about sleeping arrangements once the new baby is born because DD3 still sleeps with us. I told him I was going to get my own room downstairs. He agreed. Guess he didn't know I was kidding!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh gets frustrated, but I am in far less pain when I sleep on the couch!!!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #17
RobinCharles86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our bed is very soft so I like the couch better when I'm late in a pregnancy, it offers so much more support, and I like to put my belly up against the back of the couch to release my side skin stretching. Well, its that or put the belly up against Hubby, but he frowns at that. Apparently he finds it hard to sleep with the bebe kicking him... whereas I can completely ignore it. Haha.

CDing, cancer fightin, Bible believin momma
RobinCharles86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not really, but that's only because I can't get comfortable or well rested anywhere... if I go to the bed, DH and two of my older ones are all spread out across it and I have to squeeze in between somebody then get rolled over and kicked all night... if I go to the couch, the cats will just jump all over me and wake me up every 2 seconds (believe me, I know, I tried).

If it weren't in the 30's around here, I'd pitch a tent in the back yard and just go there, seriously.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, you are not the only one. In fact I can't sleep w/ dh in our bed , he snores and it wakes me more in pregnancy. He is on the couch.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love sleeping on the couch...but I can only do that the times I decide to nap when the kids nap. As much as I really want to sleep on the couch at nightime, DH won 't have it...and it will just start a huge argument. I rather be uncomfy that start an argument!