Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
non vaxing and preschool?

i was looking into preschool and realized that ds hasnt been vaxed (by choice) and dont really know how to go about the whole thing with shot records. does anyone have experience with this?

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: non vaxing and preschool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
i was looking into preschool and realized that ds hasnt been vaxed (by choice) and dont really know how to go about the whole thing with shot records. does anyone have experience with this?

I asked, and the pre-k we are looking into will accept exemptions. I need to print out the form and mail it in to the state. I believe after you get it, you have it notarized. I have the exemption forms for Texas (if anyone needs them!) but maybe someone will come along that can point you in the right direction for your state. Either way it will be a good thing to have already on hand for kindy.

Next step, would be calling and seeing which school accept exemptions in your area.
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just claim a "religious" exemption. most schools have the forms available, if not you can just write a one sentence phrase sample (and there are several).

I noticed you are from CA? so this is what I found:

California - http://www.gval.com/legal.htm (California Health and Safety Code Section 120365). This is the "personal beliefs" exemption in California law.

The exemption is fairly easy to exercise. Each student in California is required to submit a "California School Immunization Record" to be admitted to school (California Health and Safety Code Section 12-375).

On the reverse of the form is the following statement: "I hereby request exemption of the child, named in the front, from the immunization requirements for school/child care center entry because these immunizations are contrary to my beliefs. I understand that in case of an outbreak of any of these diseases, the child may be temporarily excluded from school for his/her protection." To exercise the exemption, you simply sign the immunization record under this statement.

There is another exemption which is available, although it is more difficult to exercise because a medical opinion is necessary. If immunization is "contraindicated", that is, considered to be potentially harmful to the child for medical reasons, an exemption is granted upon the filing with of "a written statement by a licensed physician to the effect that the physical condition of the child is such, or medical circumstances relating to the child are such, that immunization is not considered safe, indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances that contraindicate immunization..." (California Health and Safety Code Section 120370).

No state can discriminate against you for choosing not to vax.

Also, some feedback i've heard from mamas in my state whose children have selective vax, is to omit letting the schools know that you are selective. Just tell them you have no vaxing and that is it. Otherwise some school administrators will tell you that since you have vax on some and not other, you clearly believe in vaxing and they won't accept the exemption form.

BTW I found this web page that lists the vax exemption forms by state:

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klilley View Post
just claim a "religious" exemption. most schools have the forms available, if not you can just write a one sentence phrase sample (and there are several).

I noticed you are from CA? so this is what I found:

California - http://www.gval.com/legal.htm (California Health and Safety Code Section 120365). This is the "personal beliefs" exemption in California law.

The exemption is fairly easy to exercise. Each student in California is required to submit a "California School Immunization Record" to be admitted to school (California Health and Safety Code Section 12-375).

On the reverse of the form is the following statement: "I hereby request exemption of the child, named in the front, from the immunization requirements for school/child care center entry because these immunizations are contrary to my beliefs. I understand that in case of an outbreak of any of these diseases, the child may be temporarily excluded from school for his/her protection." To exercise the exemption, you simply sign the immunization record under this statement.

There is another exemption which is available, although it is more difficult to exercise because a medical opinion is necessary. If immunization is "contraindicated", that is, considered to be potentially harmful to the child for medical reasons, an exemption is granted upon the filing with of "a written statement by a licensed physician to the effect that the physical condition of the child is such, or medical circumstances relating to the child are such, that immunization is not considered safe, indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances that contraindicate immunization..." (California Health and Safety Code Section 120370).

No state can discriminate against you for choosing not to vax.

Also, some feedback i've heard from mamas in my state whose children have selective vax, is to omit letting the schools know that you are selective. Just tell them you have no vaxing and that is it. Otherwise some school administrators will tell you that since you have vax on some and not other, you clearly believe in vaxing and they won't accept the exemption form.

BTW I found this web page that lists the vax exemption forms by state:

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html
awesome! thanks so much!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this is old but Thanks for the info...

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote