Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
Anterior placenta makes me nervous! I hardly ever feel the baby now

My placenta is still a complete previa but most of it has grown anterior. Most of my belly is placenta . Unfortunately this means I hardly feel the baby anymore and it makes me nervous. Unless he is transverse I only feel little bubbles and that isn't even very often. I was super relaxed about this pregnancy but now I find myself poking at him multiple times a day to get him to respond. When he is transverse it is great because he kicks my sides like mad. It is just nerve wracking how he pretty much disapears when he turns. Eventually he will settle into a position, not likely transverse and be all nicely tucked behind my placenta. Then I will struggle all the time to feel him move. At least now he still rotates a lot.

It is so different from my other two pregnancies. The girls were WILD and moved all the time. My belly has also gotten significantly smaller in the past few weeks. I am assuming it is just because he is tucked way down behind my placenta but it is strange to go from huge to not while still pregnant!

Anyone else have this problem?

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anterior placenta makes me nervous! I hardly ever feel the baby now

I'm having the opposite! My last baby had an anterior placenta and I felt it all internally, like soft pushes on my organs and on the placenta. Around 8-9 months his feet would push up at the top of the uterus, past the placenta but that was the only time I could see him or really feel him. It's super strange this time to feel every little turn and wiggle and hiccup!
~Larissa, married to ABB, blissed out mama to Detroit, Mad Dog, and baby Jukebox~
ralesiah is offline   Reply With Quote