Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Vent: A little angry and a little hurt.

They do know Jesus was not a Similac baby right?

She was rude and owes you an apology.

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #22
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bless your heart. I am so sorry that they treated you like that. I live in the "Bible belt" so to speak and for me that would be grounds to think about finding a new Church home. If they can't accept a BF'ing mom, the probably also wouldn't make a homeless person feel welcome either. I strongly feel that your church is your family and that theya re there to support you. I have never been treated that way at Church and i BF in the Sanctuary with no issues. I have never moved and I have never used a cover, I got to a Small Church with mostly retired older people so it is not just a generational thing, it is a personality thing. I feel so sorry for this situation. To me your Church is your home and when you no longer feel that way it is very hard to get the full experience and be able to focus on God and not what others might think.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #23
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscrazO View Post
They owe you an apology. You did nothing wrong. I would make it a point to talk to the pastor and his wife to see if this is going to be an issue. personally I would not feel comfortable or welcome if this happened and it would most likely make me not want to go to this church. Hope you get it resolved.
We've been members at this church for about 2 years now (maybe longer). And they have helped us through some really rough times, so it's not worth leaving the church over. From now on, I'll just make it a point to only nurse in the nursery. It's really frustrating though.

Thanks so much for the support!
God bless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debmom2boyz View Post
That could very well be the situation.

How do they think Jesus was feed?

You didn't do anything wrong!

I didn't nurse in public much, and I tried very hard to not let anyone see.

We were at Disney and LO had to nurse. We were too far away from the baby center...so I hopped on that Tomorrowland ride that you sit and go around the area (can't think of the name)

Anyway...it was perfect for nursing....except that at one point I was fully exposed as one car passed.
Oh they don't think nursing in and of itself is bad... I guess they were just surprised and offended that I'm so non-challant (sp?) about nursing in public, and felt that my lack of modesty about it was inapropriate.

Funny story though

God bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmamatobe View Post
They do know Jesus was not a Similac baby right?

She was rude and owes you an apology.
Yes, they know that Jesus was not a Similac baby. LOL Funny way to put it. I like that... anyway.. I think they felt I was lacking modisty..but yeah, I agree that she could have been less rude about it. And if she had actually looked, like I asked her too, she would have seen that I WAS totally covered.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #24
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba View Post
Bless your heart. I am so sorry that they treated you like that. I live in the "Bible belt" so to speak and for me that would be grounds to think about finding a new Church home. If they can't accept a BF'ing mom, the probably also wouldn't make a homeless person feel welcome either. I strongly feel that your church is your family and that theya re there to support you. I have never been treated that way at Church and i BF in the Sanctuary with no issues. I have never moved and I have never used a cover, I got to a Small Church with mostly retired older people so it is not just a generational thing, it is a personality thing. I feel so sorry for this situation. To me your Church is your home and when you no longer feel that way it is very hard to get the full experience and be able to focus on God and not what others might think.
I know what you're saying. Our church has helped us through some really rough times. And this is the first time I have felt like this. As I mentioned before, if she had looked, like I asked her too, she would have seen that there was nothing exposed.

The really funny thing, the child that was herded away has been in the nursery while I was nursing before, and his mom in there, and she couldn't have cared less.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
Sillebille
Registered Users
seller

I wonder why people from and at church are so rude?
It does not sound very "christian" to me bluffing at someone or expelling someone from church/church nursery when breastfeeding?? Isn't that what god made the breast for?? It's not like this is a modern and controversy invention feeding babies with a certain body part...?!

I don't get it, sorry.
Don't want to offend someone. But I read this over and over, that people in church are so rude....?!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #26
Sillebille
Registered Users
seller

if you were fully covered, why would she have a problem with you NOT being modest??
I think people are freaked out about the "NIP" because "everyone" knows for sure, that you are using these...thingies (OMG don't say the word out loud!! People will have the wildest ideas *gg*)...that nobody seems to wanting to know the whole thing is happening at all...

You can nurse but don't give anyone the idea that nursing involves any body parts....that's a tad bit too much information....how far can I roll my eyes back into my head before they roll over?? *haha*
Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #27
Sillebille
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I know what you're saying. Our church has helped us through some really rough times. And this is the first time I have felt like this. As I mentioned before, if she had looked, like I asked her too, she would have seen that there was nothing exposed.

The really funny thing, the child that was herded away has been in the nursery while I was nursing before, and his mom in there, and she couldn't have cared less.

God bless!
may be the thing with the herded child was not about you? May be she just wanted to make sure he was not staring at you or bug you in any way? May be it did not have anything to do with you and it just seemed that way cause you were "sensitive" anyway in that particular moment because of the church lady?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #28
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillebille View Post
may be the thing with the herded child was not about you? May be she just wanted to make sure he was not staring at you or bug you in any way? May be it did not have anything to do with you and it just seemed that way cause you were "sensitive" anyway in that particular moment because of the church lady?
It's possible. But S seemed very perturbed, glancing at me as she "herded" the child away. But you could be right. Sometimes when we're already upset we can interpret other things in a wrong way. Thanks for pointing out the possibilities.

God bless!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #29
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillebille View Post
if you were fully covered, why would she have a problem with you NOT being modest??
I think people are freaked out about the "NIP" because "everyone" knows for sure, that you are using these...thingies (OMG don't say the word out loud!! People will have the wildest ideas *gg*)...that nobody seems to wanting to know the whole thing is happening at all...

You can nurse but don't give anyone the idea that nursing involves any body parts....that's a tad bit too much information....how far can I roll my eyes back into my head before they roll over?? *haha*
Yeah, I remember a mom on here saying that even though she was nursing with a cover, a family member was "uncomfortable" and asked her to go into another room to "do that."

God bless!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Man you are so strong mama to not have said anything! I think I would have said..."Look at what? A child eating the way the Lord created and intended us to do?" Right to the heart of the matter!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote