Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Baby #5 has arrived :) pics below :)

I will first start off by telling you each of my 4 kids were born earlier than the last, with my earliest at 36w3d. So, when I reached 39w3d with baby #5, I was totally amazed and excited! I had a fairly easy pregnancy with Braxton hicks since I was 16 weeks along, so on August 7th, 2013, at 39w3d, it was no exception. (oh, I will also tell you that I do have longer labors, but then dilate super fast at the end in each of my pregnancies)

I had a mw appointment that morning, and I had some irregular contractions. They were about 12-15 minutes apart, so I didn't think anything of it because I've had days like that. I decided to have my mw check me, and she said I was 3cm, and +1 station. She asked if I would like my membranes stripped, and I thought it would be a good idea. Hours went by, and the very very mild contractions continued on. I didn't think it was labor, so I went grocery shopping, went to the bank, cleaned house, and cared for my kids.

Around 2pm, the contractions we still super mild. I mean, it didn't slow me down at all, and they were barely noticeable. But, they did become around 10 min apart.

At 3pm, the contractions became 7 min apart, but still the same super mild, barely noticeable contractions that didn't slow me down.

At 3:30pm, I noticed that my contractions were a bit stronger and a bit closer together, but now they were in my back. And I'm not good with back pain LOL!

At 4:00pm, I thought I better call my midwife as the contractions were causing back pain even worse. The contractions themselves were super mild, but the back pain was hurting a bit. I called my mw, but no answer, so I left a message as I though the office was closing at 4pm, and I'd give her some time to pick up her messages. I didn't hear back from her and it was 5pm. I decided to call the office, and a nurse answers, and said the office was actually open until 7pm. I told her I thought I may be in labor, and she said to come right in.

I wanted/needed a quick shower before I went in, so I took a quick cold one as I know warm showers make me relax and I've dilated fairly quickly with showers in my previous pregnancies.

We got to the mw office at about 5:45pm, and the place was mobbed! Tons of preggo women, and they were to the halls! I guess all the midwives/obgyns were there that day doing procedures and such. My contractions were getting stronger, but only in the back. I had a hard time waiting, but I was lucky as one of the nurses are a friend of mine, and she knows I dilate quick, so she brought me back. My mw checked me, and said I was 5cm, 90% effaced and to go right to the hospital (this was now 6:05pm). So, my husband drove me next door to the hospital, and my contractions were literally 2-3 min apart, and strong. I was pre registered at the hospital, but guess what??? They made us go through all the registrations!!!! It took 10 minutes to do all the stuff, and finally, I told the lady to hurry up!!! Finally, she said we can go upstairs, but at this point, I could barely walk, so they had to take me by wheelchair. It was now 6:16pm.

I get to the 4th floor, and I had contractions more than I didn't have them. The nurse wanted me to pee in a cup. I was so upset, but figured, I had to get undressed and in a gown anyway, so I sat on the toilet, peed in the stupid cup, and all of a sudden, the contractions were so strong!! I moaned at this point, opened the door and said "my contractions are really bad in the back!!!" She said it was ok, and wanted to monitor me, but I told her I couldn't get into bed. The contractions were so intense in the back, so she asked me to sit in the rocker and said she had to monitor me for 5 minutes, but I didn't sit on the rocker......I had to push!!!!! I remember hanging on to the rocker by the arm rests, and started pushing while standing. At this point, my water broke, and 3 nurses ran in begging me not to push yet. My husband was in a panic at this point and said, "Sherrity, I'm scared. What can I do for you?" I told him not to panic, and just be there for me.

I cried to the nurses and said, "CALL CEIL!!!!!!" (she's my mw). I remember hearing the nurse panic on the phone and said, "get Ceil over her right now!!!!"

Ceil came in the room a minute later (she must have already been on her way over), and told me to get into bed, but I told her I couldn't. All of a sudden, all the nurses basically pushed me into the bed, and found my sons head 1/2 out already. I gave one big push, and he was out. His cord was wrapped around his neck, but he was fine. I was on the obstetrics suite for only 10 minutes total before he was in my arms!!!!!

My son didn't cry. He was born wide awake, and content. He was amazing, and didn't cry for over 24 hours. The nurses were so amazed on how fast it all was, and one nurse came to me and said I was the fastest birth she ever saw!!

I wanted sooooo badly to have a water birth. I had beautiful music picked out, snacks for my husband, as well as myself. But it was so fast, none of that happened. I ended up giving birth in the worst position.....flat on my back with my legs in the air. But because it was so fast, I'm not gonna fret. I'm blessed to have that med free birth.

I did hemorrhage and because they didn't have time to give me an IV port, they did injections in my legs instead....ouch! They didn't even have time to put hospital bracelets on until I was holding my son lol!

After all that, my contractions never really were painful at all!!! It was total back labor and that is the only reason that I came in at all. If I didn't have that back labor, I would have given birth at home LOL!

Jayce Anthony was born at 6:26pm Aug 7th, 7lbs7oz. (yep, easy numbers) and 20" long. He is amazing!!!

Jayce is now 2 weeks old today and weighs 8lbs 5oz, 21" long. Totally breastfed, cloth diapered, and loved by his 2 brothers, 2 sisters, and 2 parents mama and dada. <3

My friend did the pics that has her logo on them as you can see He's overall a very good baby, and usually only cries when he's in his car seat. He gets up once a night (3:30am) for a feed, and gets right back to sleep.

Advertisement

Last edited by crunchymamaNY; 02-03-2014 at 09:08 PM.
crunchymamaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Re: Baby #5 has arrived :) pics below :)

What a wonderful story! Your baby is gorgeous!
miriamleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CONGRATS!!!! The pic of him yawning is amazing.....the best pic I've ever seen.....
Old 01-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
twobabybirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!
twobabybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
mrepko
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!
mrepko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Mcorey41
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! Congrats!
Mcorey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #7
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks all! I can't believe he's going to be 6 months old in just a couple days!! His hair fell out, and now blond hair is coming in! He's amazing, and we just love him. He is EBF, sits up on his own for short periods of time, has temper tantrums (really rather cute at this point), says "dada" all the time, said "mama" twice, said "nana" a couple times, and we hope to try foods this weekend! I did happen to buy him 2 teether toys for his 1/2 birthday because I think a tooth or 2 is trying to make its way out! We moved a week after I posted his birth announcement on here, and we love our new home.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #8
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh, he is so cute! I know I'm a little late to the party, but congrats!!
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
theluckiest9
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations! He's adorable!
theluckiest9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
ragilmega
Registered Users

Super adorable. Congrats!!
ragilmega is offline   Reply With Quote