Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2015, 05:37 AM   #1
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need help with my pregnancy announcement-Trigger alert: infant loss mentioned

Trigger alert: Infant loss mentioned.

I'd love help with our pregnancy announcement. We go to the midwife on Tuesday to hear the heartbeat, I'll be 10 weeks and some time after that we are announcing. We'd like to do something cute. We've seen the cute announcements where all the kids are numbered and then a onesie or something with the new baby's number and we love this idea, especially since we call this baby "cinco" BUT we've lost a son. And I absolutely can NOT not count him. Any creative ideas to do this? We are not religious and would not like to include angel wings or anything like that. Thanks for any ideas.

Advertisement

Last edited by cassmartinez; 08-28-2015 at 05:39 AM.
cassmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help with my pregnancy announcement-Trigger alert: infant loss mentioned

First of congrats!
I'm not completely sure but I will be following. I'm currently pregnant with our 4th. He has Anencephaly and will not survive.

We did a cute photo announcement this time.... before we knew about his condition. I don't know if I'll be able to do a big announcement again.

Maybe a place maker in the line up where he would be. A stuffed animal or picture to represent him.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help with my pregnancy announcement-Trigger alert: infant loss mentioned

If I announce #4 at all, I will use angel wings to mark her place. I think a stuffie or perhaps a framed photo/sonogram if you have one is a great non-religious idea.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks guys! I'm now thinking we'll do a group shot of the boys and have my 11 year old hold a photo of my 1st son then have a cute saying in the frame for the baby.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie
First of congrats! I'm not completely sure but I will be following. I'm currently pregnant with our 4th. He has Anencephaly and will not survive. We did a cute photo announcement this time.... before we knew about his condition. I don't know if I'll be able to do a big announcement again. Maybe a place maker in the line up where he would be. A stuffed animal or picture to represent him.
Kushie-I'm sorry your little one won't be with you long. As a NILMDTS photographer and area coordinator I've worked with many families who have had babies with anecephaly. Are you guys planning on using NILMDTS? Love to you! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassmartinez View Post
Kushie-I'm sorry your little one won't be with you long. As a NILMDTS photographer and area coordinator I've worked with many families who have had babies with anecephaly. Are you guys planning on using NILMDTS? Love to you! ❤️❤️❤️
Yes we plan on calling them in the next few weeks to get everything set up. Thank you-it's been a devastating few weeks!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:52 AM   #7
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So we figured out what we're doing and I'll post a photo once I get it completed. We got a chalkboard banner from Michaels and I'm photoshopping in (because my handwriting is horrible) Each of the boys' names and birthrates (Moses will have his death date also) and then the last one will be something announcing the new baby. It's a pennant style chalkboard banner so they'll each have a "panel".
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #8
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds cute
Can't wait to see it!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd love to see it. It sounds like a great idea.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
cassmartinez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's what I came up with!