Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Weekend Chat Feb 12th &13th.

Good Morning!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Had a great day with DH yesterday! I forget sometimes how much fun we can have together when it is just the two of us.

No real plans this weekend just going to clean house and get it caught up. Lots of furniture moving around on Sunday since all the tax refund goodies are supposed to be arriving (including my recliner).

Have a super weekend!!

QOTW: If you had to choose to live by the Water, Mountains or Desert which would you choose and why??

AOTW: I am a water baby and need something like the ocean close by. I grew up with the great lakes and I don't know if I could live somewhere that was land locked.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Weekend Chat Feb 12th &13th.

Im going to get the vehicles cleaned out ancarseats put in them.We are also working out in the yard hanging my planters and get the yard and house cleaned up. both are digusting and dh dosnt seem to either 1 notice, or 2 dosnt care
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm here today! LOL!

Carry over from yesterday....failed the 1 hr, although I knew I would. I keep an eye on my glucose anyway since I have issues during pregnancy (no GD yet, but my body apparently doesn't like pregnancy). Didn't fail it miserably, butttt.....So I will take the 3 hr next week.

Jules - glad you guys had a great day!!!! Love those days!

Nicole - dang, girl, that sounds like a BLAST!!!!! HAHAHA! I really SHOULD clean out my car...but I think I will wait til later this week when it's supposed to hit the 40's here! OMG!!!!!!! HAHA!

No plans here yet...I wanna go shopping. Maybe DD and I will go. DH needs to get softener salt. Exciting life we lead here, I tell ya!

AOTD - Hmmm....tough one! Can I pick two?? Because the places I think of have both water and mountains! LOL!!!! Can't say I've been to the desert, so I don't know about that one, but doesn't seem like there would be much snow for this snow loving girl...LOL!!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you ladies have a lot planned for today. I hope you are very productive! I am counting down the minutes until my babies arrive! DS1 has a wrestling tournament this morning so they should be here late afternoon. I CAN'T WAIT!

Beach, no question. I love the mountains too, but beach, water, and constant tan baby! I went to grad school in Hawaii and often wonder what the he** I was thinking moving back to the midwest when I finished!?! It is a testament to how much I love my family I guess!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey girls Today's my birthday so hubs & I are going out to eat when he's done work, I can't wait. This is technically our Valentine's date/gift to each other, but I like that it falls on my birthday.

AOTD: The ocean. I live a few hours from the ocean and love that we can take a day trip there.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looked at another house to rent today that might be promising. Got call a little bit ago from house #1 saying that they rented it to someone else (with multiple incomes for a 3 bedroom, so that's not really a surprise) and she said that our credit looked pretty good, so that wasn't it, aside from the few things on there. I instantly panicked and pulled mine up today since I was overdue on doing that as it was, but there wasn't anything on there to cause concern. Which, unfortunately, means it's something on DH's credit and he seems to think that ignoring it will magically make it go away. If you're not married, do yourself a favor and insist on checking potential DH's credit report before saying "I do". That was something I didn't do and it's been a pain since then. Stupid move on my part though.

I started a pair of shorties yesterday and got the waistband done on them. Have I mentioned how much I loathe Fishermen's Wool yet? I'm seriously thinking of just throwing this up on FFS just to get rid of it. Worst $5 I've spent. I'm hoping they're not as awful once they're done and washed, but my expectations are exceedingly low. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause problems for the little one.

AOTD: Well, I've done lakes when I lived on one in Michigan and I've done mountains when I lived 20-30 minutes away from Boulder, CO and the Rockies. While I haven't lived in a desert per say, north eastern Colorado was pretty darn empty, flat, and desolate so I think that might border on desert... The thing I missed most while living in CO was the water. While I loved seeing the mountains, I don't exactly "miss" them in the strictest sense. Absolutely water though. I grew up a fish and am not doing well out of water. I was actually looking for a pool or something nearby that I could go swim in earlier this morning

I hope you ladies have a fantastic weekend!

Last edited by Salidwyn; 02-12-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Pregnant brain does not allow for full, correct sentences to compute.
Salidwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Salidwyn;12277383]
I started a pair of shorties yesterday and got the waistband done on them. Have I mentioned how much I loathe Fishermen's Wool yet? I'm seriously thinking of just throwing this up on FFS just to get rid of it. Worst $5 I've spent. I'm hoping they're not as awful once they're done and washed, but my expectations are exceedingly low. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause problems for the little one.

QUOTE]

First, hope the house stuff works out, and glad its not worse for you all.

About Fisherman's wool (or any rougher wool...) I know what you mean. It feels icky while knitting..but a trick my Irish knitting grandmother taught me that I have always done with more sturdy wool is to use hair conditioner in every few washes. She swore by beer, and it worked wonders, but I rarely have beer in my house LOL

Fisherman's wool does soften up quite a bit as it is washed, especially if you *oh so very sorta kinda wee little bit* felt it, but the hair conditioner gives amazing results.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked this morning, but have been sick for the past few days. DH and I have just been laying low this afternoon as I am trying to rest up and feel better. I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. Boo!

QOTD:
We would live by the ocean. No question. We both grew up in Portland, Maine, and would be living there or near there now if we had our choice. Maine is great because you can be near the ocean and only a short drive from the ocean. We love being home where our families are and waking up smelling the ocean in the morning.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a really nice day yesterday. This is morbid, but I got to go see a dying relative. It was really nice to see her, but so sad to know that the end is near.

Then hubby got home from work an hour early, it was such a nice surprise We went out to eat and ended up running into some friends there, they paid for our appetizer for my birthday, it was so sweet. Hubs went to school with the owner's wife, so they didn't charge us for our desserts for my birthday, it was really nice.

Of course, we get home & find out that there's no water, ugh! Hopefully it will be fixed shortly. The same thing happened the day after our wedding. I don't know what it is about signficant dates and water in the apartment complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanrl6 View Post
QOTD:
We would live by the ocean. No question. We both grew up in Portland, Maine, and would be living there or near there now if we had our choice. Maine is great because you can be near the ocean and only a short drive from the ocean. We love being home where our families are and waking up smelling the ocean in the morning.
First off, I hope you're feeling better. Secondly, don't you just love Maine? Oh yes, you already answered that I live at the northern end of the state, but still love it here. Bar Harbor is a favorite family vacation spot. I think my parents started going there when they go married, so it's been 44 years.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4Ways View Post
About Fisherman's wool (or any rougher wool...) I know what you mean. It feels icky while knitting..but a trick my Irish knitting grandmother taught me that I have always done with more sturdy wool is to use hair conditioner in every few washes. She swore by beer, and it worked wonders, but I rarely have beer in my house LOL

Fisherman's wool does soften up quite a bit as it is washed, especially if you *oh so very sorta kinda wee little bit* felt it, but the hair conditioner gives amazing results.
Good idea! I might give that a try later on, maybe after I'm done knitting. If it works on the shorties, I might give the whole skein a bath. I have PLENTY of cheap hair conditioner. Thank you!