Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Sensative skin?? Pic Added

Ds has a rash, it is little red bumps. It seems to be right around his neck, which I was attributing to his drooling due to teething. On his belly I have no idea what is causing it. It seems to be there pretty constantly, but pretty much goes away if I remind dh to put lotion/cj's on his belly. If I do it often it seems to stay away.... It's only even on one part of his belly, and doesn't really extend further than his chest.

Dh thought maybe it is an issue w/ laundry detergent. We don't use any special detergent on his clothes, and never have. I have fairly sensative skin, for example I will get a rash if something is rubbed too much on it, so I was thinking that's what was causing ds's rash. On his belly it is pretty much where he is held on his stomach/sides, if that makes any sense. Any thoughts would be helpful. Maybe I could try washing w/ our diaper detergent....I use planet liquid.

I switched detergent, but it's only been a few days....Also I noticed he had red bumps on his knees after playing for a bit on the floor. Those quickly went away. I attached a pic of his neck/belly for opinions....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02272.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	68943   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02277.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	68944  

Advertisement

DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014

Last edited by Colleen+1; 06-02-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sensative skin??

IDK at all...w/ the tummy/sides it could be laundry detergent, the fabric blend, prickly heat, anything, really. But DD had a bumpy rash around her neck & onto her chest. Turns out it was a food sensitivity. Since she was under a year, pedi didn't want to do any testing, so we did process of elimination, annnnddddd......she has an onion sensitivity. We discovered this after she had a pretty much constant rash for over a month. She was eating soft solids & most everything is cooked w/ onion, has onion salt, etc. So look out for possible food sensitivities, I guess.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sensative skin??

Thanks for the suggestion!
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sensative skin?? Pic Added

for pics