Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #41
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many children?

we loosely planned two kids at the time we got married. After our first, DH started talking about only having one, but I felt really incomplete. After our second, we both felt great about having two, but were open to a third, maybe. I didn't feel as strongly about needing a third, the way I did with needing my second, but was totally open to it and at times had baby lust.

Then we adopted a puppy and I actually feel like our family is complete as it is. It was a weird moment when that happened because I wasn't sure I knew what other people meant when they said that they felt their family was complete. Suddenly, I knew. Having said that, I also need ot say that I'd certainly welcome a third child if that was what God saw for me,. I just don't really feel any urge to make it happen without DH coming to me and saying, "I'd really like a third."

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #42
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
we loosely planned two kids at the time we got married. After our first, DH started talking about only having one, but I felt really incomplete. After our second, we both felt great about having two, but were open to a third, maybe. I didn't feel as strongly about needing a third, the way I did with needing my second, but was totally open to it and at times had baby lust.

Then we adopted a puppy and I actually feel like our family is complete as it is. It was a weird moment when that happened because I wasn't sure I knew what other people meant when they said that they felt their family was complete. Suddenly, I knew. Having said that, I also need ot say that I'd certainly welcome a third child if that was what God saw for me,. I just don't really feel any urge to make it happen without DH coming to me and saying, "I'd really like a third."
Yeah the puppy did me in too Seriously though, I feel like she's more work than a baby most of the time! At least I don't have to chase my baby down two blocks because she stalks the back door just waiting to get out
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #43
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Before we got married I wanted 4 and DH wanted 2, so we comprimised and said we would have 3. Baby #6 will be here in May
Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #44
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first pregnancy was horrid, just awful. Birth was lovey, but pregnancy, not so much. I said if pregnancy #2 was better, I would be fine with 3. Well, once again, this pregnancy is awful, so two it is. You know what, though, I am happy with that. We can do so much more for our kids if we have just the two. I am getting excited about moving past the baby stage and onto the next stage in our lives. I am the oldest of six and always thought I wanted a big family, but in reality, two is just perfect for us. That and I never, ever want to be pregnant again.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #45
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

As a kid I always said I wanted 6 kids, people told me I was crazy!

After I had my first, I knew I wanted AT LEAST 3 kids (because my ex-husband was not going to allow 6). I had 3, got divorced, and had 1 more with my current DH. We would like at least 1 more, which would put us at 5 kids. (If I were rich, I would have a 2-3 more.) Basically, I just don't feel like our family is complete. I do feel very content with it, at the moment, but both DH and I think 1 more would make things even better.

I do not plan on helping them pay for college. They can go to a local college and live at home for free, but otherwise I expect them to get scholarships/grants and maybe a part-time job. This is how I got through college and it was fine.

Currently we have 3 in one bedroom and the baby is in our room, but ideally we'd like to have 2 to a room when they are older. I don't think having their own individual rooms is a necessity.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #46
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We both want 3 or 4 but right now only have 1 so we will see what happens as the years go by. We will be house hunting next spring and are hoping for a four bedroom house with a finish able basement. Hoping that would be enough space for 4 kids.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #47
3NavyBabies
Registered Users
Formerly: izynalysmomma
seller

I have wanted 3 since I was a little kid. Now that I am older, I wish I had a sister. My brothers have each other, and my life is totally different. So when I had 2 girls first, and then our boy, my hubby thought we were done. But now my son needs a brother, so we are having one more. lol. I will probably never feel done as in never have baby fever, but 4 is it. I am getting my tubes tied afterwards. I look forward to having a big, close, happy family 20 years from now!
3NavyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #48
lookatreestar
Registered Users

we never talked about it, but after two we feel done for now. i know i need a break (bfing for 4 years straight here) my body needs a break, time to make sure all my vitamin/mineral stores are up to par. etc

both my kiddos were good home births, easy pregnancies, easy to breastfeed. i got really lucky ds is a little bit more high energy so he is keeping me on my toes for now. i just suck at multitasking

luckily we are young so we have time if we decide -in say 5 years we want one or two more. doubtful once we get a taste of freedom!!

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #49
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I wanted two, dh wanted 3. We had 1, dh wanted to be done, I knew I wasn't.

We had two, I still wasn't done. Dh was not entirely shut off to it, but somewhat opposed.

We had three, we were both done. However, we had a fourth.

We were just ready to move onto the next phase of our lives. No more baby stuff. We love children to pieces and could keep on keepin' on but just wanted to be done with babies. Our youngest is 4 now and man, neither dh nor I even like babies anymore.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #50
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted a boy. I got 2 girls, then a boy. DH believe in baby's are God's gifts, so we've pretty much used that as a guide right now.
I'm know I want more. When I think about being DONE with having more kids, I don't feel ok with it. It makes me sad. So for, now, as long as finances are good, we will just not prevent.

As for College, we have a great school here with great financial aid that will get them through it. I didn't have $1 for help from my family, so I know my kids will manage too!

When they want their own room, they can get a job and get their own apartment!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote