Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
Not sure if this is the right place for this...

so forgive me if it should be in another forum. I'm just curious, if you list an item and get multiple offers on it, so you take the first one that came to your inbox, how long do you wait for payment from the first mama who said she would buy the item before you move on and sell to the second mama?

Mommy2Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
My Mood:
Re: Not sure if this is the right place for this...

I give 24 hours. Maybe I am in the minority, alot of moms want payment within a few hours (some say 4 hours) and some want it immediately. For me, alot of times I don't get online much over a 24 hour period of time, not long enough to send a payment. So I give other moms 24 hours to pay, then I PM them and tell them I am moving on.
Stacy wife to Chad
Mommy to 4 blessings
Our baby Sprout grew wings 11/19/14
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

If you did not list a time frame for payment, I would give it at least 24 hours. If there is no contact as to why there is a delay, then I would PM that you are moving on, and then contact the next mama.
Kearson: Mama to DS (03/09). I leave feedback if it is left for me first, due to my issues with people doing it incorrectly. Can't stand those yellow notepad icons .
IsaacsMom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree, 24 hours is the nice thing to do. I'm a SAHM so I'm on DS on and off throughout the day, and sometimes I get a bit more impatient and I worry that if I spend all this time waiting on the first person who I sent my pp to and they fall through, then maybe the second, third, etc. person will move on and lose interest and I'll lose the sale altogether. So....for me, I think 6-8 hours after you send someone your PP address is usually plenty. Especially if you see that the mama is online. As quickly as they can send you a PM they can send you the PP if they really want the item, you kwim? In most cases anyhow...

If there are special circumstances and the mama explains that to me, then obviously I'll make exceptions. But even then there are limits. I had an item listed once that got a lot of takers. The first mama said she wanted it, I sent her my pp info, but then she didn't contact me again for almost a day. Then contacted me and said that she still wanted it but her kid was sick, she had to to this and that at work, etc., could I hold it a bit longer? I said sure. A day or so later sfter no further contact I PMed her and asked if she still wanted it. She replied a few hours later, said her kid was sick, asked if we could wait till her payday, till she could get some pp. Payday was a day or so later so I said ok. Getting nervous by now. Payday comes, nothing from the mama. I waited all day and finally sent my pp to the second mama who had said she was interested. Mama #2 sent the money immediately, and I PMed the first mama and said that I was sorry but I was afraid that the deal was gonna fall through so I had to move on. Felt kinda bad, but I think you have to have some limits you kwim?
Catholic wife and mother to my two sweet little girls, born Summer 2010 and Summer 2012.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
No Longer Here
My Mood:

I check who wants my items and choose one to offer to first, I give her only a day to either pay or I move on. as for payment I usually post a timeframe of 6 hours once my pp addy is sent. I prefer immediate payment because normally I need the funds to pay for something else for my kids.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote