Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
What is your all-time favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe??

Alright ladies.... I am trying to make some sugar cookies for my dd for Valentines day... (really just for fun too ) so I need a really good cut-out sugar cookie recipe. In the past I have used bon appetit's and it was very good but had a bit of a funky flavor that I wasn't so sure about. It would be a HUGE plus if it was healthy also! I tend to use a lot of white whole wheat flour but I wasn't sure how that would work. I want other people to want to eat them too as I know my dd won't eat more than one or two.

I am planning on using this idea for the frosting which I thought was cute =)

Thanks mamas!!!

Happy to be mama to my sweet little home birthed, breastfed, extended rear facing, co-sleeping, cloth diapered, snuggled and loved baby girl Havana Desai 5-18-09
Blessed to be mama to my little Angel Teya Mackenzie born into heaven on 3-27-08
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Sweet Karma Cakes
Registered Users
Formerly: aidensmom325
Re: What is your all-time favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe??

This is my favorite recipe. Its crisp and chewy at the same time you can also roll them out and use cookie cutters.

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time,
then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls
and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet
for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sweet Karma Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Registered Users

this might be similar to above recipe, but I suppose many of them will be similar....
* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Registered Users

This is PlusPeace-how did the frosting work for you?? I hope your cookies were delicious!!!
PlusPeace is offline   Reply With Quote