Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question 4yr old with UTI symptoms?/remedies?

Our 4yr old DD started showing some symptoms of maybe having a UTI this evening. She says her "girl parts" don't feel good and it burns when she pees, but no other symptoms- no fever or abdominal pain, particularly.

What are some of your tried and true home remedies for relieving some of the discomfort associated with what might be a UTI? She peed, took some ibuprofen, and went to sleep already, but I'm running out in a little while to get some unsweetened cranberry juice.

Anything else that might be helpful? I've read that taking baths with some baking soda helps. We're going to have her drinking a lot of cranberry juice and water tomorrow, giving her the kid's probiotics (just as a usual thing in our house when someone gets to feeling icky and in case we have to resort to antibiotics) we have at home, feeding her blueberries, yogurt and pineapple- which we have at home.

I'd love any input, especially from moms that prefer to try natural remedies before resorting to antibiotics and other drugs. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
ninadawn
Registered Users
seller

Re: 4yr old with UTI symptoms?/remedies?

I have trouble myself with UTIs. I don't personally think any of the home remedies work all that well. UTIs really really hurt. I gave birth without an epidural but when I get a UTI I call the doctor and get some drugs. Also, untreated they can lead to kidney infection.
ninadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We couldn't see a doc until today, but the morning after this post, she didn't even remember telling me it hurt to pee. I guess she feels better
http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened to my 3 year old. I did take her in because she complained about it a couple times and I have a history of recurrent UTI's. I totally agree with the above poster. I definitely don't mess around with UTI's. But, my daughter didn't have one either. Who knows what was going on. Us girls sometimes have strange things going on down there. (I would have waited till morning also and when she didn't complain again, I wouldn't have taken her in. So, I would have done what you did, minus the ibuprofen.) Mine did end up having strep when I brought her in. I thought she had a virus of some sort that had nothing to do with the UTI I thought she might have. Good thing I took her in for the possible UTI because it turned out all 5 of my kids, plus me, had strep. Silly mom! I'm glad your DD feels better.