Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
potty training girls-pee shooting out?

Is this normal for girls? DD is day trained but at home she uses a potty. In public and at preschool, she does use the regular potty. She has had some problems with her pee shooting outward and getting on her clothes.

She's been taught to lean a little forward to pee. For some reason, it bugs me. I don't want her to have to lean forward. I make sure she sits pretty far back and it seems to help, but I know her teachers and my MIL still have her lean forward.

Do other little girls pee out like that? If so, what helped? and someone tell me it's ok to teach her to lean forward. It bugs me but only recently so it may be the postpartum hormones talking here

I'm guessing she won't have to lean forward forever right? I mean, she will eventually learn to use the regular toilet on her own and not have to lean forward I'm assuming.

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
mommyof3armywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: potty training girls-pee shooting out?

I can't say that I have ever seen that in any of the children that I have ever potty trained. I would say something to her ped about it.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is it just at one potty? Dd always pees on her clothes at the little potty at our church, unless I hold her legs straight out in the air' parallel to the ground. I don't know if it's the way she sits on that potty or if it's just shaped funny for her, but we always have to be soo careful there or we end up changing her clothes. She doesn't do that on any other potty though. I do have to remind her at home occasionally to scoot her butt back on the potty. If she's sitting too close to the front of the potty, it can get on her clothes. But as long as her butt is scooted back, no problem.

My guess is she's probably just sitting a little funny and will outgrow it. But if you're really concerned; ask her pedi.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Normal, my dd does the same thing half the time..it is LOVELY. She peed up and over the toilet seat directly into her clothing.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not concerned that anything is wrong with her. SHe's actually always peed more to the front. Like how little boys wet the front of the dipe and little girls wet more in the middle, she's always wet the prefolds more in the front.

She used to pee more out on the potty seat too, but now she doesn't. it's more the regular toilets, and the one at her school which is a little smaller.
I guess I just don't like that she has to bend forward to pee. Her teacher has asked me how we do it because she still gets her clothes wet at school. I have talked to her teacher about having her sit as far back as possible and spreading her legs more so I hope that helps.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD pees out the front too. I always take one leg completely out of her pants and panties so she can sit really far back on the potty and straddle it with her legs. I know thats no help for you though.

I'm curious why it bothers you that she has to lean forward???? I mean it's not hurting her and it's not like its mean or a punishment or anything, it's just how it works so she doesn't get her clothes wet, kwim?
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
txwarblers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Please delete

please delete

Last edited by txwarblers; 05-03-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: security reasons
txwarblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
My DD pees out the front too. I always take one leg completely out of her pants and panties so she can sit really far back on the potty and straddle it with her legs. I know thats no help for you though.

I'm curious why it bothers you that she has to lean forward???? I mean it's not hurting her and it's not like its mean or a punishment or anything, it's just how it works so she doesn't get her clothes wet, kwim?
My DD tends to spray because she tilts her pelvis back to try to see what's going on (or doesn't get back far enough on the seat). Totally normal.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
jenn_carney
Registered Users
seller

Happens to my daughter, too. Leaning forward a little has prevented it for her. Leaning back is what always caused it.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

On adult toilets without kiddie potty seats, or public restrooms with the center cutout (eth?) my daughter does it too. She steadies herself with the sides of the seat (gross! I know) and lifts her butt up too high. She did it twice one day at my grandmother's before I figured it out. So I have to make sure her butt is below the seat level. It doesn't happen anywhere else.