Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
mom2jellybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: Suggestions Please

I love and recommend my Pump in Style Advanced! Congrats on the new baby and I wish her the best of health.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Kavmommy
Registered Users

I rented a medela symphony hospital grade pump while my ds was recently in the nicu and it was well worth it. Especially with out having to pay full price for a pump right away. I was able to pump more than enough milk for him as well as build up a freezer storage. I'd definitely look into renting a hospital grade pump.
Kavmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #13
kgmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'd definitely go with the hospital grade pump. You may want to ask one of the hospital lactation consultants about it --my hospital actually provides free pump rental while the baby is in the NICU.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #14
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Medela Pump In style!! I love mine bought it used and it still works great!!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

As the mom of 4 NICU babes, one who is in right now, I would go with the Symphony. I have found a difference in my response with the Symphony versus the PISA but part of that is that I also use the Symphony when around him which also improves production. How many weeks gestation is your LO? My answer might would change depending on how long you expected to be EP. And hang in there on the NICU roller coaster, it can be a tough road
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmom View Post
I'd definitely go with the hospital grade pump. You may want to ask one of the hospital lactation consultants about it --my hospital actually provides free pump rental while the baby is in the NICU.
My insurance pays for the rental of a hospital grade pump while baby is in NICU. You might call your insurance and ask if you get a minute ( I know you are busy).

I love my PISA if you end up just buying one. It's great!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
mommaagain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Even if your ins. co. says they won't pay for a rental, call the medical supply place anyway. I called Blue Cross and they told me they would not cover a rental or offer any sort of discount. I called my local medical supply place and they told me the BCBS agent was wrong. I had an order faxed from my OB-GYN and the medical supply place took care of everything. They made sure there was the correct diagnostic codes used and fed-ex'd me a freestyle overnight. Good luck! Remember the milk you are giving your LO is the best medicine!
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
TNmommaTo2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykerry View Post
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some suggestions regarding a breast pump. I am kinda lost as to which one is the best and easiest to use. My DD is in the NICU and as a result I need to pump for her. I'm just not sure which one to buy. I have been using a handheld manual one since I left the hospital and I hate it. I have another small child under the age of two and the manual one is just not working for us. Price is not an issue, but I don't want to buy the most expensive one, if someone has had great results and would recommend one of the cheaper ones. I am not sure if the most expensive ones are the best kwim? Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks
Medela Pump in Style!
TNmommaTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote