Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Laboring in hospital tub q

So I am hoping to labor in the tub at the hospital. I didn't have time with ds... I was already ready to deliver when I got there. So do I do it naked? With a bra? Bathing suit? Just trying to pack a bag somewhat. Also if u are strep b pos. Will they still let you??? I think I get the test this wednesday.,,.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Laboring in hospital tub q

I went to the shower, and I had a bra/undies on. Or actually, maybe not even undies!! HAHA, I soo didn't care. It was just DH and the midwives.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

If you are GBS positive, the recommended treatment plan is IV antibiotics every 4 hours in labor...so, I would think you could go in the tub as long as they wrapped your IV access.
I am GBS positive, am still debating the iv abx, and am planning to go in the tub!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
rottenapple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was GBS positive so I went in after they disconnected my antibiotics, and although I'm not entirely sure I'm thinking I was just naked!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I wore a sports bra. Make sure to pick something dark colored lol
Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was naked, but I'm not particularly shy. The nurses pretty much left DH and I to ourselves except for their monitoring, so it wasn't like they were hovering in the hospital room with us at all. But, I know every hospital is different.

I don't know about GBS since I was negative, but I know if your water breaks and there's meconium in it, you can't labor in the tub.

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was completely naked (although Im not very shy). I packed a few different colored sports bras, and a bathing suit top/bottom so that I could have options of what to wear, but during labor, I wanted NOTHING touching me! It was just DH, the midwives and some students, but I wouldnt have cared if the room was full b/c during labor, you just have to be comfortable (as comfortable as possible). I was Strep positive too and it wasnt an issue. The just disconnected my iv line.

Last edited by amb2j; 02-14-2011 at 10:50 AM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am pretty shy and I was naked, just like a regular bath. I had a hep lock, although I am not GBS+. The nurses pretty much left me alone with DH. Dh hung around the room and I labored in the tub by myself, which I wanted. The tub was a godsend, except the room got too hot and I got sick. My sister is/was GBS+ and she labored in the tub, after each dose of antibiotics.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

naked here too, I did not want anything on me
Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

I brought a bathing suit top but ended up just being naked most of the time, like PPs. I'd say to bring some options and then you can decide when you're in labor. It's so hard to predict what you'll want!

PS - DH brought a suit (which he did wear! ) and got in the tub with me to do massage, etc. That was great. We also brought lavender scented bubble stuff - which DH proceeded to dump SO much of in the tub, which gave us a good laugh between contractions. The smell was really nice and relaxing.

GL!!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote