Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Not happy, can someone advise me?

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
For the rise, I wonder if she wasn't including the waistband in her measurement, but you are? Or she could just not be good at measuring the rise yet--it can be tricky to measure it while on the needles and to know how much your crotch is going to add to the rise.

So I do think you need to talk to her. Even if you don't want a refund or don't want to have her re-knit them, you would be doing her a favor to let her know that you're not satisfied, and why.
I think this is a big possibility, that she didn't include the waist in her rise measurement and I do. So, do I bring that up? I assumed that everyone included the waistband in the rise.

Thanks for all of your help mamas!

JanelleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
Registered Users

IMO, the inch(es) that make up the waistband *are* part of the rise. I agree that rise can be a tricky thing to master--I've made a couple of pairs of longies that have monster rises, but they were for my own DD so no biggie. I also agree with previous posters about talking to the knitter. If not for your own happiness, but for the happiness of her future customers. At least then you'll maybe have an explanation for the rather large size discrepancy.

On a side note, it is also possible that she knit to your measurements but the project "bloomed" when she washed/lanolized it. Cestari usually grows a bit on me. Still not your fault, so if you're not happy with the product, you should let her know.
I'm Melissa, married to my soulmate, S and mama to my girls:
8 year old K and 3 year old, A
and my new little BOY! Baby W arrived 4/29/12
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would try them on LO first, but if they are for sure too big (which it sounds like they are!) then send a polite message to the lady saying that you weren't sure if she added some inches so he could get more wear out of them, but they are too big and you don't think his measurements are going to increase much from the ones you gave her in the time he will be wearing them.

It's better for her if you tell her about the issue, so she doesn't make the same mistake with future buyers.
C, British Expat, Wife to A, Mama to DD & DD2
ExpatMama1990 is offline   Reply With Quote