Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Feb 15th Chat

Hearing all of the preschool nightmares makes me even happier that I am planning on homeschooling. DS will be 3 in september so I am going to start his "lessons" in the fall and our church offers a co-op program that he can be with kids his age 2-3 times a week.

My day today consisted of trying to find affordable maternity pants. I got lucky and found the 1 pair of full panel mat. jeans that Target had on clearance and only spent $15 on them. Then thought I would try Old Navy and no such luck... they had some cute ones, but they were $25 and that seems like to much. I guess I am spoiled by thrift stores but the ones they have are HIDEOUS!!! It is ridiculous what they ask for clothes that will only be worn for a few months... sheesh!! Okay enough ranting

Hope everyone is having a good day

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
I woke up feeling pretty okay. Babies are still inside and they are movers and shakers! When I feel this good I get frustrated because I feel like I should get to go home!

Hope everyone has a super day! The weather is just supposed to keep getting nicer so I may have to bribe someone to wheel me down to a door just so I can feel a fresh breeze!
Most nurses are pretty obliging. My hospital had a slew of student nurses so they would take me for walks so I wouldn't go nuts.

Glad you are feeling good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
I really have some cleaning to do since hardly any of it got done yesterday. The more pregnant I get, the more I don't care to leave the house until after The Husband is home. It's just not worth dragging the kids out for much. LOL
My poor house feels so yucky since I haven't been doing much to it. It didn't help either that I got home and the dogs had tore up the bathroom garbage and spread it all over the house. Hopefully we will both get some motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchatziB View Post
Whoo hoo! I was up way before my regularly scheduled hours to get in line for preschool registration for DD. We made it in and I am in doing a happy dance right now Primarily because it was our top choice but also because I don't have to go stand in any more lines at dawn in the cold. A man behind me was trying to get into the 5 year old class which filled in the first two people and I could hear his wife screaming at him through the phone for not getting there earlier.
Wish this was the last school battle I had to enter but alas.. with it starting for a 3 year old pre-prechool class I'm guessing it's only begining!
So glad you got her in where you want her!! I am so glad my girls are where they are. Some of the pre-K's around here are a little frightening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanrl6 View Post
AFM- I have a recheck U/S at 2 to see if I still have a placenta previa. Hoping not. : )

So I am planning on fitteds, pf, wool and covers for at least the first few months, then back to pockets. What is everyone else planning on doing?
Hope you get good news at your appt.

I am using sposies until DH is home from deployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
I had to cancel my GTT yesterday, my oldest is sick again! SHe's still home today but seems to be feeling much better. I am rescheduled for tomorrow morning, so hoping I pass! Oh, and I don't have anyone to watch my twins either... hope they are good or I can find someone to watch them for a bit. Maybe I will call DH's aunt? I can just imagine this happeneing when I go into labor! I have mom, sister, brother and SIL and grandparents all in the town the Dr/hospital are at, so you would think someone could watch them! OH, well! I need to pack some toys and snacks and promise them something fun like eating at the park, and maybe they will be good?!?!?
Hope the LO gets better. I get to take the girls to my next OB appt. Wondering what the bribe will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
AFM: I'm home today with DS. He had a fever last night of about 102F and this morning it's down a degree, but he's got a stuffy nose. He seems like he's in pretty good spirits though so I could probably get away with a dose of motrin and sending him to school. But, I feel he needs to rest a bit. Plus, I can get some much needed cleaning/organizing done at home today. I'll still be working a bit from home too via the laptop.
Hope he feels better, there is a lot of yuck going around lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileycolt View Post
My day today consisted of trying to find affordable maternity pants. I got lucky and found the 1 pair of full panel mat. jeans that Target had on clearance and only spent $15 on them. Then thought I would try Old Navy and no such luck... they had some cute ones, but they were $25 and that seems like to much. I guess I am spoiled by thrift stores but the ones they have are HIDEOUS!!! It is ridiculous what they ask for clothes that will only be worn for a few months... sheesh!! Okay enough ranting

Hope everyone is having a good day
Maternity is expensive! I have had to buy a bit more this time too since I am at school all week.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Came home from school since I was feeling awful. I am pretty sure I am dehydrated since I can't seem to get enough to drink. I really need to watch myself more carefully.