Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question about YYMN transaction

For my first YYMN spot I sent 4 skeins of Paton's (just picked it up at JoAnns since it was my first set of longies, I didn't want to get anything I would totally regret ruining ) to a mama offering test prices for woolies.

I sent my yarn the week before Christmas. I don't recall any turn-around times listed on her thread but in comparison to other knitters' pages, I feel like this many weeks is an awful long time for two pairs of longies. I had another knitter do 2 pairs of YYMN longies for me that were back in my hands within 2 weeks. This mama hasn't really been communicating with me except for when I PM her just to check in. As of two weeks ago she had JUST completed my first pair and told me she was starting the second pair.

I feel like by the time I receive these, they either wont fit DS or the weather will be warmer and I wont need LONGies anymore. What are the rules or what's the etiquette on this type of thing? Am I allowed to cancel my order and say I don't want them anymore? I don't want to feel like I've comletely wasted her time.. if I told her sooner, maybe she wouldn't have completed them?

I'm not a knitter so I don't want to seem unappreciative or anything but.. I also don't know if waiting 3 months for someone else to do it is worth it.. KWIM?

Mom to T (8/3) and JC (6/8)
agalanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Question about YYMN transaction

My concern would be that she is testing so may have had a long list to get through whichis why it is taking so long. Also if she is anewer knitter it may take her awhile to knit. I would suggest asking her to send the one pair that is completed and then ask her to make a larger size longies or shorties for you with the other yarn or just ask fior the yarn to be returned with the longies.
Mama to J 12/05 and K 07/11
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would just ask for the completed pair and the rest of your yarn. At this rate, your little one will have different measurements and they won't fit and you'll need them to be adjusted. OR, you could just send new measurements. It's not your fault if your kid grows while you're waiting months for a custom.
~Cassie~ Single Mom to Jordan 9/04 and Jaxon 6/06 and Kelli 10/08 and 1/11 and Jevin 12/11
Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Registered Users

It's NOT acceptable, mama. Have you got your stuff back yet?
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
My Mood:

Well the problem is (in my eyes) that there was not talk of turnaround which is something that she will learn to clearly list as she gets more experienced but as a buyer it is something important to ask if it is not listed. She is doing testers so she is newer at this whole process and there are growing pains. As far as communication maybe she needs to be better but again she is new and possibly working on a long list of orders and just trying to stay focused on getting orders done and out and trying to steer clear of the computer as much as possible (because we all know it can eat our time LOL) At this point I would ask if the other pair could be made into shorties and maybe a partial refund for the difference in price between shorties/longies. I mean, I am on a testers type waitlist for longies and it has been a while but I knew that up front because she got bombarded with people wanting tester pricing KWIM? Good luck and hopefully it gets resolved.
Privacy? Who needs privacy
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote