Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Carrying really low this time.....normal?

Hi,
It seems like within the last few weeks the baby has dropped. It worries me because I'm afraid of preterm labor. I've had almost constant bladder infections this pregnancy also (with blood in my urine) and my doc said it could lead to preterm labor.
I'm so uncomfortable and can hardly wear any of my maternity jeans/pants. They fit fine with DD but this baby is so incredibly low that they hurt and cut into my belly.
Baby also kicks me sometimes and I swear it feels like her feet are about to come out....like they are so low it's well into my pubic hair area (sorry if tmi) and I can also feel her moving way, way low in my belly, close to my upper thigh.

I'm trying not to worry over nothing, BUT this has me really concerned. I have never carried this low except for in the last few weeks before delivering. This just seems way too early.

Anyone else experience this? Any insight or btdt? my DH keeps telling me to call the doc (I have an appt next Tuesday) but I don't want to sound like an idiot

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carrying really low this time.....normal?

it definitely doesn't hurt to bring it up at your next appt, but it could be very normal. have you tried of one those maternity support belts?? i just got mine last week, and the difference it makes is incredible!!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I carried my first real low and this one too. I'm constantly feeling kicks/punches in my crotch, cervix and butt area. I think that's why I grow out of my maternity pants so soon cause my stomach is pretty low and they just get uncomfortable. But, I'd probably call your Dr. anyway to see.

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
diapermommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry to ddc, but I'm carry really low also. No way would I be able to let anyone "feel" this baby, not unless they wanna stick their hand in my panties!! Everything has checked out fine at the drs so far, I go for my 20wk us tommorow morning. I'm 19 weeks.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Zara View Post
Hi,
It seems like within the last few weeks the baby has dropped. It worries me because I'm afraid of preterm labor. I've had almost constant bladder infections this pregnancy also (with blood in my urine) and my doc said it could lead to preterm labor.
I'm so uncomfortable and can hardly wear any of my maternity jeans/pants. They fit fine with DD but this baby is so incredibly low that they hurt and cut into my belly.
Baby also kicks me sometimes and I swear it feels like her feet are about to come out....like they are so low it's well into my pubic hair area (sorry if tmi) and I can also feel her moving way, way low in my belly, close to my upper thigh.

I'm trying not to worry over nothing, BUT this has me really concerned. I have never carried this low except for in the last few weeks before delivering. This just seems way too early.

Anyone else experience this? Any insight or btdt? my DH keeps telling me to call the doc (I have an appt next Tuesday) but I don't want to sound like an idiot
This one is very, very low for me, too. I feel my little one in the exact same area as you. And wearing anything for bottoms is hurting me. I even can't sleep with ANY bottoms on anymore. I almost dread having to get out of the house because all of my "outside the house pants" are killing me. As soon as I get home they come off

I had one bladder infection when I found out that I was preg, but other than that, thankfully, have been free of them.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Karen,

I've noticed that too, with this one (#3 for us). I have to put my support belt on just to move him UP and off my stuff...completely different than the girls were, but I'm thinking it's because it IS #3 and none of my parts are like they used to be - all stretched out, in different places, etc.

I'd definitely bring it up to the OB though. Not gonna hurt anything if they say it normal, right?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
steph_mommy2olivia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too am carrying very low with this baby and I am having a pressure problem on my girly parts. When I asked my doctor about this pressure issue he said that it is typical to carry lower and drop quickly with subsequent pregnancies. I get this baby rolling on the waistband of my pants and its quite painful and tight..its so odd. I would definitely ask your dr so that you have the peace of mind.

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I carried DS 1 very low. His foot/hand was ALWAYS in my cervix. like another PP said, I could even feel him in the back end area. lol. This one is a little different; he's pushing up at the top of my uterus.
If you've actually felt him "drop" I'd probably go in...but again, I never felt DS drop since he was so low the whole time. And some babies CAN be dropped for quite a long time before anything happens anyways. My friends baby was dropped for about a month and a half and she went past her due date.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #9
kvalentine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whew I'm glad I'm not alone With DS1 our midwife said it wasn't possible that he was kicking my cervix and I thought I was crazy.

My current doctor suggested a support band since I feel huge Definitely go in and talk with your doctor; maybe they will check you?

TMI I think DS2 dropped recently too since the last time DH and I DTD it felt like he(DH) was hitting my cervix more that usual and it was extremely uncomfortable. When I asked him if he was just more turned on that normal he said no, but he also noticed that my cervix was a lot lower than normal and I had been enjoying this new found horniness (DTD with DS1 was pretty awful the entire pregnancy)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is my forth girl, and I've always carried very low, and by the end of the pregnancy the head is sitting so low, it painful. Most of the movement I have been feeling is pretty low too, though I do fell movement higher just not as often. It's probably normal, but it wouldn't hurt to bring it up w/ you doctor.