Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
Would you offer? UPDATE in post #5

DD just told me that she saw a lady walk by twice carrying her baby wrapped up in 2 blankets. I'm guessing that this lady is the neighbor, across the road and down a little. I have only talked to her once and I can't remember when it was, last spring maybe??? Anyway, at the time, she told me that they were expecting their first baby, she was 12 weeks pregnant, and they were very excited! She told me when she was due, but I can't remember... November? January? But, then also, I think we knew that she was having a boy. Maybe her DH told my DH or something? Apparently, I have a terrible memory! We live way out in the country, on a little lane, and only have a few neighbors, so I don't know who else it would have been. I'm pretty sure that she has a stroller, so when she went for a walk, she must have wanted to keep the baby snuggled up close to her (it's 44* out today, a heat wave for us, but still cold). I have a few carriers that I'm not currently using - an Ellaroo RS, a SBP RS, a WAHM pouch silng, and a Kanga J. Should I take a couple over and knock on her door? Offer to show her how to use them and let her borrow them? And say what? "Hi, saw you were out for a walk today, would you want to borrow a sling?" I'm not good at this kind of stuff!

Advertisement

Last edited by stayinhomewithmy6; 02-16-2011 at 01:58 PM.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
mommyof2munchkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you offer?

YES!!!! Totally better than, "Can I borrow some sugar?" LOL!! I would if I had extras! Good luck and keep us posted
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
HeavenlyHold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would, too! I was thinking that maybe she had a wrap, the way your DD described it (so cute), though.

Amber, CWAHM to Kaelin (02-07) Kiley (07-09) and Kamryn (12-11)
Like us on Facebook
HeavenlyHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is familiar with wraps, so I think she would have recognized it, if that's what it was, but maybe! That would be so cool! I would be so excited if I got there and she had a wrap!!! Maybe when the baby wakes up, I'll stick him in a sling and take the kids out for a walk, and stop by her house.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I did it. I introduced myself and said something about, since I see you have a baby now I was wondering if you'd want to borrow a sling or a soft structured baby carrier. She said she already had a carrier and she had him in it today, so I guess DD just couldn't see it under her coat and with blankets around the baby. It's a Bjorn. I didn't want to turn her off by dissing the Bjron, so, I told her that she could still borrow them if she wanted to try them out, just for something different. She said sure. I took the Kanga J out of the bag and told her it's a soft structured carrier that fits differently than the Bjorn; then I took out the RS and told her it was like the one I was wearing. I told her she could look on Youtube for ring sling carries or that I could come back and help her after DH gets home. She didn't take me up on the offer. From her unspoken language, I could tell that she really thinks that her Bjorn is the be-all, end-all of baby carriers and she was just taking them to be friendly. At least I tried. Also, I didn't want to say, "be nice to the Kanga because it was $180." But, now I'm having a slight anxiety attack about the fact that I just left it with someone I don't really know!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

Good for you mama At least she will know that when the bjorn starts bothering her back that there are other options.
Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
mommyof2munchkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you offer? UPDATE in post #5

Awwww...well at least you know where she lives I'd go back in a week or so and say you want to let a friend try it out or something....way to go! Karma is good to those who are kind Can you be my neighbor??
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmama View Post
Good for you mama At least she will know that when the bjorn starts bothering her back that there are other options.
That's what I'm hoping. I should have commended her for babywearing in the first place. Hindsight is 20/20, right? I really do think that any parent that makes an attempt should get a . I know she has seen me wearing DS in several different carriers, probably both back and front. Every time we go for a walk (which is often), we go by her house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2munchkins View Post
Awwww...well at least you know where she lives I'd go back in a week or so and say you want to let a friend try it out or something....way to go! Karma is good to those who are kind Can you be my neighbor??
I'd love to be your neighbor! The land behind our house is for sale, if you're looking to move!

Thanks for the nice words, Mamas. I was thinking that maybe next week, I'll go back, and if it's nice out, see if she wants to go for a walk with us. It would be nice to get to know one of our neighbors. As it turns out, our babies are 8 months apart, so I'm sure they'll be good friends someday!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #9
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

AW!!! That was UBER sweet of you! And yes, I'll bet she WILL try those others on. Her curiosity will get the better of her!