Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Chinabun
Registered Users

My Mood:
So why not just be honest?

... seriously?

Ive been lucky so far - not very many mamas/wahm have ever made me feel bad over a purchase. Normally I have a high limit before reacting as well.

Well, the thing is I won a cute pair of longies of an auction on ebay - I normally dont buy baby stuff there, but really liked this pair!
It stated it was NEW but with no tags - well, hand knit items normally dont come tagged, unless the wahm/maker has cards or such.. So that didnt throw me off at all. I paid a solid price for them even though they were not of any HTF colorway or anything.

They arrived yesterday all nicely wrapped up in silky paper - first thing I noticed though when unwrapping was the obvious signs of recent wear, soft bulging knees and butt. Wel i didnt mind - she could easily have tried it on her child I thought and just worn it a little bit around the house but when turning them around there was dried food (dried porridge it looked like) all the way from the back waist to around the cuff.. I mean deep in to the fibres as well - easily noticable.

Im I out of line to have a negative reaction to this? Am I weird if I make sure stuff I sell has a correct listing and do my best to at least send stuff that has been cleaned?

I have now cleaned them my self - but still feel a little bit grossed out

Just wanting some feedback to what is normal..
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So why not just be honest?

I would be upset. All I ask in a listing is just what your title says...honesty. And I expect clean merchandise, but I kind of thought that was common sense...clearly not.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh gross, that would definitely not be new condition. I would be upset as well, have you messaged the seller?

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

maybe her daughter poured it on the pants? lol idk, but yeah def message the seller! she should offer you a partial refund, and if not, leave neg feedback
Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am pretty sure in the ebay rules, you have to sell CLEAN items! I would def message the seller!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen to me with an item I bought from ebay. It was actually a Gymboree dress that DID have tags. The tags were wrinkled and crumpled. It was a jean dress and the tags on the dress (not the price tags, the actually size tags) had taken on the blue color of the jean material and was frayed. The dress was a size 3-6 mo. There was spit up on it in two places. The dress itself was wrinkled and not "pressed" like when you first buy it. (She sold me a hat with it and it had a totally different look because it was never worn.) It was SO clear the dress had been worn. Jean material is definitely not one you can get away with wearing and passing off as new. Maybe she bought it that way and that is what I tried to assume. I don't know. But, clearly, it was worn. I emailed her about it. She called me a liar! She was rude and I was really hurt. It became more about my emotions and not being believed than it did about the dress. She wanted me to send it back to her at my expense and she would reimburse me without shipping. Well, I only paid $9, including shipping, for it! I would have ended up paying around $5 for a dress I no longer owned and for a big hassle. (I was also new and worried about her leaving me nasty feedback even though it would be technically positive.) I asked her for a partial refund instead. She claimed I just wanted to get the dress cheaper. That was NOT the case. She ended up giving me the partial refund, but I was so hurt the whole experience. I haven't bought or sold there since. I had been planning to try to start selling there a good bit. I still want to, but that left such a bad taste in my mouth. I just need to go for it.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-16-2011 at 06:53 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Totally unacceptable. Personally I'd leave negative feedback for that person. That is ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

You need to leave appropriate feedback. Feedback is not just for you but for future buyers. We all should know the risk of purchasing from her. If it was me, I would have returned them just to prove a point. There is no reason you should have to thoroughly scrub an item before using it.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote