View Poll Results: Donating breast milk
I have donated milk 19 50.00%
I have received donated milk 2 5.26%
I have recieved and donated milk 4 10.53%
I havent heard of donating milk 0 0%
I havent donated any but its a good idea 13 34.21%
Its gross 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
ChloesMomma
Banned

My Mood:
Donating milk

Has anyone donated breastmilk? What are your experiences? I am thinking of donating some breastmilk.

Advertisement

ChloesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
amglenn2621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Donating milk

I have only donated once, through my midwife. But I have to say that I felt great about it. I had a happiness high! I am so proud that my body makes enough milk, not only for my baby, but enough to help another baby as well. And I am planning on donating again.

Check out our handmade glass at catscratchglass.etsy.com

Earn Prizes at Swagbucks!
amglenn2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't donated but plan to when LO is older.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
foxynursejo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In a few weeks I'll be sending about 300 oz to a mama I met on here!

I've donated 1,000 oz of mamas milk!

Babie's are weaned (32 months!), potty trained and I'm not BWing much anymore, but I still occasionally hang around here.
foxynursejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I donated to a milk bank since I couldn't find anyone on milkshare. I had to do bloodwork and get my DR and the baby's ped to fill out some forms before I could donate.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
Little Miss Kate
Registered Users
Formerly: JAMs Wife
seller

I donate to a local mama I found on milkshare - I had my bloodwork from pregnancy to show her, she comes and picks up from my house, and replaces the bags I give her.
So far I have donated about 800 oz.

My BLOG - Check out the Giveaways going on now!!!
Little Miss Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have donate to over 29 babies. I have been a donor since the birth of my first child in 2006. He came early and with that, i know the struggles some moms face and i wanted to help others taht where not as lucky as me and my grandfather servied during the great depression cus of donor milk. I donated throw milk share then with the www.eatsonfeets.com know... I love doing it and i keep doing it on going... for me its worth pumping a couple times a day to make diffance in another childs life. If it wasnt for someone doing it for my grandfather (( the first of 8 children to servie )) my grandfather wouldnt have made it and i wouldnt be here today!! for me its about thinking of what another mom goes throw and what a diffrance i might make with each pumping i offer. It makes me proud to be a donor. i personaly didnt want to donate to milk banks cus they turn around and sale it. And i for one couldnt pay the $4 an oz they ask for teh milk... I go throw milk share and eats on feets.. sorry for typos... holding baby yet again ;-)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've donated about 500oz to an adopted baby who has issues with constipation when she is on formula only. It felt great and I would love to be able to do it again.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_mae99
I have donate to over 29 babies. I have been a donor since the birth of my first child in 2006. He came early and with that, i know the struggles some moms face and i wanted to help others taht where not as lucky as me and my grandfather servied during the great depression cus of donor milk. I donated throw milk share then with the www.eatsonfeets.com know... I love doing it and i keep doing it on going... for me its worth pumping a couple times a day to make diffance in another childs life. If it wasnt for someone doing it for my grandfather (( the first of 8 children to servie )) my grandfather wouldnt have made it and i wouldnt be here today!! for me its about thinking of what another mom goes throw and what a diffrance i might make with each pumping i offer. It makes me proud to be a donor. i personaly didnt want to donate to milk banks cus they turn around and sale it. And i for one couldnt pay the $4 an oz they ask for teh milk... I go throw milk share and eats on feets.. sorry for typos... holding baby yet again ;-)
I would have loved to find someone to donate to but there are a ton of donors in my area and not many asking for milk. I was out of room in my freezer crying when I was pouring 100oz down the drain b/c I had no freezer space to store it, so I chose a milk bank versus the drain.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see your in PA i know a mom off pa know that needs milk. I am shipping out to her in a couple days... Why didn't u ship? Shipping is so EZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
I would have loved to find someone to donate to but there are a ton of donors in my area and not many asking for milk. I was out of room in my freezer crying when I was pouring 100oz down the drain b/c I had no freezer space to store it, so I chose a milk bank versus the drain.