Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: UC...please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebaby View Post
Really? i was a L&D nurse for years. I saw way more babies harmed in the hospital than at home.
Really? Me too. I have been an L&D nurse too. For years. I still wouldn't risk it by doing a UC.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
And I can give you links to RECENT stories where moms or babies have DIED in the hospital! What's your point?
Yep. I can too. Tons. At least at the hospital there is someone to blame. Retribution to be had. At home, it is only YOUR fault.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Re: UC...please help me

yikes mamas,
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say don't do it. sorry but if your hubby isn't supportive of the idea and you really haven't done research about it it's a bad idea. It IS his baby too.
To many things can go wrong because you are not educated. It's a risk you are taking by not having at least someone with medical aid there to help you.

I just can't support that kind of decision. My hubby is a paramedic and I assure you he's seen his fair share of what went wrong on UC or home births. If you knew something was going to go wrong you would choose the hospital right? well I tell ya the mama's he's gone on NEVER predicted what would go wrong. It wouldn't 'happen' to them. very sad. It is risky and shouldn't be taken lightly.
Just my opinion. I know everyone is entitled to their own birth experience but I agree you would never forgive yourself if something did happen.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurkeyp View Post
Yep. I can too. Tons. At least at the hospital there is someone to blame. Retribution to be had. At home, it is only YOUR fault.
Having someone to blame doesn't change the outcome. I don't think it even makes anyone feel any better.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lets start with this....

This is data collected from Australia.

No, you can't compare it to the US because the US doesn't collect this data.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #17
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had a homebirth almost a year ago now, and planning another one (not pregnant yet though). If your DH is afraid of a homebirth then he should probably talk to a Midwife with you and let her address his fears. Although I support all choices, I'm really leary about a UC for a few reasons-

1. Your DH is not even on board with a homebirth attended by a MW. So I don't think he's going to be keen about the idea of a UC

2. Things can go wrong in a birth in any setting, which is why it's best to have a trained eye on you just in case something is going wrong that you're not seeing.

3. If you're counting on your DH to support you during labor and birth, then he needs to be on board too

I understand that money is a problem, but I don't think you should pick your birth place based on that. You should call a few Midwives and see what they can do for you. Most Midwives are very flexable about their payments.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow, thank you for turning my question into an argument.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
rachelmaria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Homebirth!!! If there is (but most likely won't be!) an emergency, then you're in the ER anyways, and they cannot admit you because you have a lack of funds. I agree that saying your baby will die etc is nothing but a scare tactic. If you feel healthy, then I think all signs point to a problem-less delivery - ESPECIALLY since you've done this before and you know what you're getting yourself into. You know your body better than anybody else does, and you know how to listen to it! Women have been birthing "at home" or "in the bush" for a bazillion years and most of the world still does that. Do you have any other mama friends that would be able to hang out with you during labor and delivery?

I had a fantastic home birth experience about 3 1/2 months ago. My midwife has a very hands off approach. Most of her work happened after the birth.

I absolutely love the book ACTIVE BIRTH by Janet Balaskas.

I wish you the best. PM me if you want support. I can ask my midwife for some good literature on unassisted births.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
WoodSprite
Registered Users
Formerly: TangerineFlamingo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I personally know 2 woman who lost their babies soon after a UC birth. The babies were born perfectly healthy and somehow, passed within 10 hours of being born.
I don't want to scare you, OP, I am just very much against UC births after that happened on such a personal level.

I hope you can find something that works for both you & your DH, and sets your minds at ease.
Closed Thread