Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
cd & traveling

I will be leaving town for about 10 days with DS and was wondering what you do when you go on vacation. Do you still CD? We'll be staying at my mom's house so there will be a washer available, but we will also be making a lot of social calls while we are there... Any good stories about trying to CD while on vaca??
thanks.
marisa

Advertisement

marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cd & traveling

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

when ds was 8 wks i went out of town for 5 days i think and we cd'd the whole time! i had no problems at all-i even took him to my old work (an elementary school) and the girls loved the CD's what i did was take little sandwhich bags (double bagged) with a premeasured amount of the detergent i used to wash diapers and my EO's@

we too are going to vist my mom in about 3 weeks and i plan on taking my dipes...he will be in pockets for the drive and when we arent out and about PF's and wool

its really easy to do!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
eightcowwife
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just went on vacation in March we did a ton during the day sea world, lego land etc... but we used cloth the whole time and we loved it.
eightcowwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
aliks
Registered Users
seller

we will be this summer. Fortunately we're staying w/family so I can wash at their homes. The only thing I worry about is my mom trying to put bleach in the wash since she swears they won't be disinfected unless I do so!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

we visited my mom and she woldnt let me wash my cd's in her washer so we left, stayed at a hotel and went to the laundry mat. It's very easy to cd on vacation just replace the pail with a BIG wetbag and your golden espically if you have access to a washer
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
mama23boys
Banned
seller

dang moms! mine knows to leave mine alone!!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #8
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

When I go to my parents' house or my sister's house (basically anywhere where there's a washer I can use), I take cloth. However, we just went to DW for 8 days and I didn't plan on doing any laundry (plus we flew; that would have been a lot more luggage for us), so I took disposables on that trip.

Um, when I go to my mom's or sister's, we travel at night so the kids can sleep in the car, so I time my diaper laundry to where it's done right before we have to leave. Then I change ds one more time and take the dirty diaper that I just took off of him with us in a plastic trash bag, so it doesn't sit around waiting for us to come home.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

I went out of town to visit family for a week and used cloth the whole time there. I just asked my aunt what kind of detergent she used before I left (and it was okay for dipes) and there were no problems. I'm going across the country at the end of the month to visit my brother for 2 weeks, and because I will be staying at his house it won't be a problem either. It is more luggage to tote along, but it isn't that big of a hassle. I just made sure I bought a big wet bag before I left since I wouldn't have a pail.

I actually thought it was great because I saw my pregnant cousin while there and showed her how easy and cute cloth diapers are, and stressed how much money she could save. I think I won her over
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #10
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I CD whenever we go on anywhere & it's never been a problem. I either use a real big wetbag or put a small trashcan w/a lid in the trunk. I have known a friend to use a ginormous pickle jar when she goes camping I even CD when I fly b/c really I think it's no more to carry... I mean I still have to pack dipes, I just don't get to unload & throw away when one is used so it's no biggy for me. I actually probably take less since I don't need like 50 in each size for my boys to last however long.

It works if you work it... but it just depends on what you think it feasable. GL!