Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cd & traveling

You will be fine cding on your trip as long as you... Discuss diaper care with your mom or anyone else who may come in contact with your dipes, My mom was trying to help me with laundry...she took my dipes(10 fbs & inserts) out of the washer, put all in dryer on high for 1 hour with two fabric softner sheets...just, "to make sure they don't smell."

My heart sank when I saw the empty washer...I just knew they were ruined. Luckily they survived after a few hot washes.

Happy cd vacation!

Advertisement

Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #12
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just went to my mil for a week and my parents for a week and a half cd the entire time. They are in support of me doing this so no problems using their machines. My MIL offered to throw them in the washer one day, and I use a pocket diper so I told her she would have to pull out the insert she changed her mind at that point. Was kinda funny.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #13
Termie
Registered Users
seller

We have done two long road trip vacations with 3mo ds. We did cloth the whole time. In our condo the laundry was in our room and I do it overnight so no one was tempted to "help". At my MILs I just told her there is specific care so please just let B and I handle it. She respected us and that was great! It helps that I'm high maint. and she knows that I do a lot of things "my own way" and so she lovingly rolls her eyes and lets me. hahaha
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
littleways
Registered Users

We use cd and plan to when we go camping this summer for 5 days too. Just take my large wet bag I usually use in the diaper pail and we're good to go.

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stay at my moms for weekends when I can & we always CD when we are there. Usually I just bring the dipes home & wash them but this last time I washed them at her house because I dont have all of the PT FBs I bought yet (some VERY slow mail I am hoping). She had oxyclean & dawn, LOL so I used that to wash! WHen we go on vacation this summer I will do the same & I expect to stay for about 5 days this summer at my moms so I will take along some of my washing stuff Just wish she had a clothesline (heck i wish i had one!)
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:15 AM   #16
Samjm
Registered Users
seller

We use cloth. We've even used cloth on a 7 day camping trip.

Just make sure whoever you're staying with is cool with you using their washer for dipes. Some people get freaked out by that.
Samjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
Tyrity
Registered Users

My Mood:

We use cloth no matter what we're doing. It's not hard at all especially if you'll have a washer and dryer readily available. The hardest part about Cding on the go/vacation etc... is finding a place to wash dipes
Tyrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #18
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We are going on vacation starting this Thursday and I didn't think I was going to take my CDs. Well, I'm hooked now and they are coming with me
Old 06-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
theelf
Registered Users
seller

We have travelled twice. The first time was for Thanksgiving. We went to my brother's. I used their washer. I packed all my clean dipes in my wet bag. When we got there, I stacked my clean diapers in the bathroom. I put all my dirties in the wet bag. I washed right before we left and packed all the cleans in my wet bag. On the road, we used a plastic bag to hold the dirties. The second time was for a weekend (we rented a beach condo). There was a washer there, but I didn't use it. We just packed his clean diapers in a bag, put dirties in the wet bag, and washed when we got home. If you have access to a washer, you will be happier travelling with your cloth!

Kim M.
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #20
mommy22peanuts
Registered Users
seller

We just got back from Hawaii on Friday, and we took our cloth! We had a washer and dryer so it was no problem. The only drawback is bulky diaper bag on the plane. Sposies pack much smaller...but it was worth it!