Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I need to pump?

So, after 16 months DD slept through the night! I nursed her to sleep, and didn't nurse until she woke at 7am and DH brought her to me. She nursed on 1 side, then got distracted by her big sisters and got up. I had to get ready for work & didn't force it.

I stopped pumping @ work in the beginning of Jan, and I've been fine as far as supply issues but I nursed A Lot during the night. So... By the end of the day today I was very sore, came home she nursed a little bit, had dinner, and nursed before bed both sides. The problem is I'm still sore!

Part if me wants to pump, but I'd need to get the pump from the attic and clean it first.... Plus I feel like if I do that she'll be up at midnight anyway .... And I guess I need to let my body get used to a (hopefully) new pattern?

I don't know... What do you think?

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I need to pump?

just pump out a little so your not in pain and u dont get an infection... that what i would do... just enough to feel better.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I think I would maybe hand express some of the milk off in a hot shower. Pumping seems like a bit of a PITA if you don't have to. I hope she keeps sleeping through for you!
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 9 month old sleeps 9pm-7 or 8am and I don't pump. Sometimes she will wake in between those hours and breastfeed but not often. She has just started doing this and I have had no discomfort or engorgement.