Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Feb 17th.

Good Morning!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Going back to school today after taking yesterday off to relax which I feel really helped. Dh was so sweet and went out and got me a water bottle and lime juice so I can stay hydrated.

Baby boy has been really up in my ribs the past few days making it very uncomfortable for me. I almost was thinking of trying to stand on my head to see if he would flip.

QOTD: If you are using a carrier what kind are you wanting for the LO?

AOTD: I really want to wrap this one but am intimidated by it. I would love a Gypsy mama since they have a good rep for being very cool to wear.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
nicole3567
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Feb 17th.

Just the usally bust day here! My milk came in last night I woke up ith a drenched shirt, Let the good times roll. I came in at 12 weeks with dd#1 because I was watching a newborn. This time I have no idea oh well. I'm trying to decide if I should pump or just leave it to be.
nicole married DH 08/13/06, dd 02/28/06 dd#2 7/04/08 dd #3 5/10/11, my first water birth, CD, Breastfeeding, Co sleeping because she wont sleep any where else Athiest mom,
nicole3567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning

Off to work for me too... then nothing much but running around. Girl Scout cookies are in so I got to pick them up this afternoon

Nicole~ WOW! I guess every pregnancy is different.... I had trouble keeping up with ODD so I would probably pump if it were me! I am crossing my fingers that I can make it a year this time and have plenty of milk! PLEASE!

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Jules-glad you got a day to rest and are feeling better. So sweet of your hubby

Nicole-hope you have a great day!!

AOTD: I have a couple. A moby wrap and a ring sling by SBP. I also bought a boba off zulily when they were on sale a few days ago but that can't be used until he's a bit older. Can't wait to wear him around

Today we are staying home for once! We haven been out running errands or going to play group dates every day this week so I'm glad we are staying home today and getting some stuff done. Hope everyone has a great day!
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Jules, sounds like you are feeling better. Love sweet hubbies!

Nicole--maybe you are just an early come-er-inner! I would advise to just let it be, so LO can get as much colustrum as is there.

Colleen--MMmmmmmm Girl Scout Cookies......

Sarah--Yippee for staying home!

AFM--I will go back up to my house today, after a long wonderful week with DH to do a major pack so we can haul tomorrow afternoon. Big stuff--chest freezer, dressers etc are all coming down this trip. Fun fun!

And I got the Mama worries last night and this morning. I had forgotten I had taken some medication to help loosen my lungs (with dr's approval and guidance) and baby was a bit more sleepy than usual. As soon as I remembered I had taken it, I panicked thinking OMG! ..... but things are ok, and she's all a fluttering again. I feel so stupid when I do those kinds of things, or like go stare at the baby sleeping to make sure she's still breathing... or even poking them to see them wiggle if you arent sure... but I know all Mamas do it .... ugh

AOTD--I have like 30 different carriers. I have a minkey pouch thing that worked beautifully for my YDD, and will probably use that most--although we will see what else decides to get put on and what works for me, dh, and babe. She's pretty laid back so probably the pouch will do her best to start with.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies.

I am feeling extra crappy today. The 3rd trimester tiredness/insomnia has hit me like a TRAIN. Nothing like being exhausted and not being able to sleep. On top of it all I either have horrible allergies and an everlasting cold and I can't breathe out my nose.. so when I do fall asleep it wakes me up. Okay /vent. Sorry.

We are dropping paperwork off today to file the workers comp. claim for my husband.. so I guess that's good news. You know your life is pretty boring when that is the highlight of your day.

AOTD: I have a Babyhawk MeiTei and a sling.. never used a babyhawk before so I am excited.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jules - This little boy lives in my ribs a lot too. I haven't had a kid this bad since my first, so it's a little unplanned for. Glad you're feeling better too!

Nicole - Wow that's early for your milk to come in! I don't know what I'd do at this point either...

Colleen - Be careful with those cookies! :devil:

Sarah - I hope you have an awesome time staying at home. It's so nice for me to be at home sometimes where I don't have to have my kids under the constant eye like you do out in public.

A - Have fun with the major haul! I'd be exciting for it as long as I wasn't the one actually moving it. My daughter will tell me occasionally, "Mom, how about this time, YOU pick up and I sit and tell you what to do."

Amy - That return of the yuckies in the third tri is miserable. Hopefully you have a fairly smooth day today!

AFM - My son was up for literally half the night. And all because my husband has bathroom issues. We have the deal that I take care of the youngest (whoever that may be at the time) and he takes care of the older ones. He actually gets the better end because it's usually the youngest one that wakes up. Except, my son has a cold/cough so he woke up coughing. I was dealing with the youngest, so I assumed that since my husband was out of bed, he was dealing with it. Then my son started complaining and carrying on and my husband, for like ten minutes, called out every once in a while, "I'm going to the bathroom!" SERIOUSLY. WHO has SEATED BATHROOM TIME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!?! So I got my youngest a bit settled, but apparently not because once I went to take care of my son, she woke up...and then because nearly the entire family was awake, my oldest woke up. I was up between 1 and 4 and then 5:30 and 6. :coffee: And he just left for work and left me we with all the kids who will inevitably and simultaneously fall apart in about an hour. Not to mention that I have playgroup that I HAVE to go to (because I'm the coordinator) and my son has swim lessons tonight... I'm actually hoping he takes a nap to be able to do swim lessons tonight. *sigh* And I'm exhausted and nauseated because of it...

AOTD - We have a Belle carrier that we use with specific outings and stuff, but we're not big babywearers so I'm not looking for anything beyond that.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

I am tired today. I was gone all day yesterday running, and I am wiped out today. LOL. So I guess I will stay home and ....do nothing, er, dishes and vacuum. LOL.

Jules - I totally do those crazy exercises to move this little (big!) guy! Sometimes it really does help!

Nicole - Oh man! I am noticing a tiny bit of colostrum here and there, but nothing significant yet.

Colleen - mmmm...Samoas....you are making me hungry.....like I never eat or anything... haha!

Sarah - Me too! Hoping to get some stuff done! ODD is home (she has off school for the next 2 days) and I'm recruiting her to help. LOL!

A - AWWWW! I've done that too! Freaks ya right out, doesn't it>???? Good luck with the packign and moving. I am sooooo NOT looking forward to that come summer....I'll let ya come and help if ya want. LOL!

Amy - Are ya staying off your feet?? How are the ctx???

BV - Oh, girl, it's so not funny, but that totally made me I hope you can rest a bit today though.

AOTD - I have a Babyhawk Mei Tai and will be getting a Moby.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post

Amy - Are ya staying off your feet?? How are the ctx???

Umm.. kind of. I've been SITTING a lot, but not laying down. I can't breathe when I lay down because of my cold/allergies so it isn't exactly relaxing. The contractions weren't terrible yesterday but they were pretty bad last night and then today they're definitely here. I just want to get in and have my ultrasound done (next Tuesday) to check my cervix and her growth..
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nicole: That is crazy! I have been leaking but nothing too astounding. I would pump and not lose that gold!!

Colleen: Oh that means I need to start stalking store fronts for cookies

Sarah: Have a good day off! Those days are so nice!!

A: Glad baby is Ok that has to be scary!!

BV: My hubby pretends to never hear the kids until I wake him to help. He thinks he should get privacy in the bathroom but I get to have everyone there with me.

Tara: Shopped till you dropped eh?