Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 AM   #11
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
I didn't read all the responses, but I've seen people suggest yogurt a lot for yeast rashes. I'm not sure if you're supposed to actually rub it on the skin or eat it though.
Both actually but if the affected person eats it daily the yeast should not be a problem anymore

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 07:10 AM   #12
massage mama
Registered Users

We had this issue too. I used silk liners I made myself out of Silk noile. Not only for the healing properties but to also protect his dipes from the Aquaphor and yeast creams etc.
Sunning the dipes for a few hours will kill the yeast for good.
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Where can i buy Gentian Violet at?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #14
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Nevermind, i ordered it from the Target Pharmacy and will pick it up tomorrow.

If he were older i would be feeding him yogurt to help build up his acidopholus count, but he's just 2 months (and we have a history of dairy allergies in the familly to boot, so i'm even supposed to avoid dairy while bf'ing) so he's not touching dairy if i can help it until he's close to a year.

I will update you all on how the GV works. I will keep him in disposies for the next few days when treating with it so i don't stain my dipes. His poor skin is reacting to the GSE now and probably the disposies too and getting contact diaper rash on top of the yeast.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #15
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

One more tip yeast can live in a lot of environments so you might not be killing it in your dipes. I would add some boiling water to the washer to make sure its hot enough. You can get a proabiotic (accidopholis not spelled right sorry) from the heathfood store that will help you both. You can take it and it will get in the milk. Should be safe even with a dairy allergy.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #16
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The one thing I know from dealing with this off and on for years with my oldest ds, is that if it keeps showing up he probably has it in his mouth or in his digestive system. Did you use the oral liquid medicine that you swab in the mouth? I could only get rid of it when we used both the swabs and diaper cream. Also if it is in babies mouth you will have it on the breast too.

Good Luck it is not fun.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #17
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

He was on 10 days of diflucan plus an antifungal cream and that shrank it but ddn'r completely heal it. He doesn't have it in his mouth and we don't have thrush. I take daily acidopholus too.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #18
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

I got some Gentian Violet and have been using it twice a day for 2 days now. And his rash is *exactly the same*. Since Gentian Violet is only effective on yeast and not much else, i'm wondering now if it really is a yeast rash? I'm so confused. I took a picture of it and am hoping some of you more experienced moms can tell me if that's what it is. I'll be taking the pic down in a day or so. Thank you for any and all help.

The spots are flat bright red patches, but the skin around them is normal colored and not red. They look purplish in the picture b/c the Gentian violet dyed them. I'm giving him lots of air time, and he decided that pooping while i tried to take a pic of his rash was the way to go so don't mind that either.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...h/4efc497e.jpg
Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #19
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

I've seen this rash! Can you mix a few drops of tea tree into some zinc oxide cream? Slather generously at each diape change.. Desitin--the regular kind is good. Let me know how it goes and line the dipes so you don't have to try to remove the cream....
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #20
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

I got some Gentian Violet and have been using it twice a day for 2 days now. And his rash is *exactly the same*. Since Gentian Violet is only effective on yeast and not much else, i'm wondering now if it really is a yeast rash? I'm so confused. I took a picture of it and am hoping some of you more experienced moms can tell me if that's what it is. I'll be taking the pic down in a day or so. Thank you for any and all help.

The spots are flat bright red patches, but the skin around them is normal colored and not red. They look purplish in the picture b/c the Gentian violet dyed them. I'm giving him lots of air time, and he decided that pooping while i tried to take a pic of his rash was the way to go so don't mind that either.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...h/4efc497e.jpg