Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #21
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

It doesn't look like yeast to me, but I don't know what it really does look like. My friends baby had impetigo, I wonder if thats what you are dealing with. Do you have any bactacin or bactroban. The doctor also recommended a little bit of bleach in a bath tub full of water, i guess its safe to drink even, even though it sounds freeky.

It could even be exzema but its not yeast.

Advertisement

Last edited by singlemomto3; 06-08-2006 at 09:33 AM.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #22
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

doesn't really look like yeast to me. When Mia gets yeast the rash looks more like pimples. That rash looks really painful. Poor baby - I hope you can help the rash go away soon.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #23
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Cortaid, a steroidal antinflammatory might help. Good luck, doctor should have known its not yeast, don't they go to like 8 years of school.. lol
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #24
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Hmm, at first I was like "why is it purple" and then realized why lol. Well I honestly think it kind of looks like a yeast rash, doesn't look too different from what we experienced.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #25
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Oh ouch poor little guy. Try adding some antibiotic ointment to the mix. I agree could be impetigo which is a nasty skin infection. Does it ooze or anything like that?
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #26
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

It doesn't ooze at all, it just looks like little red scabs. I started applying Neosporin under the triple paste las night so we'll see if that helps.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #27
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it possible to take him to a different pediatrian. Maybe call around and tell them what is going on and what you have tried and maybe even emailing that pic to the dr first. My first dd had yeast rashes all the time and they never looked like that. Not that Im saying its not yeast, but I just have never seen one like that.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #28
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquelita
It doesn't ooze at all, it just looks like little red scabs. I started applying Neosporin under the triple paste las night so we'll see if that helps.
Okay well I think impetigo would ooze so it probably isn't that. Yeah I think you might want to try and get a different opinion. Be sure when you see the doc next time to go in with a list of all the things you have tried for how long, and how much. I find that helps me a lot cause sometimes they rush you or don't give as much attention to something as you would like.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #29
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Check out this site and see if one of these sounds or looks more like what your dealing with.
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t081400.asp
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #30
cicily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't say enough great things about Weleda Calendula Baby Cream. My son has really sensitive skin and this stuff heals it almost overnight. Maybe worth a try...Good luck, rashes are no fun
cicily is offline   Reply With Quote