Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #31
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

I've been to the dr sears site umpteen times (i love that site!) and can't figure out where hs rash would fit. It looks nothing like the yeast diaper rash pic on there.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #32
massage mama
Registered Users

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

My son has had diaper rash for a long time now comes and goes but I really think it is food allergy related and wetness in diaper area but he is now getting the same rash in other places like arm creases etc. So if your babe is very young it could be something you are eating. Is he spitting up at all too? I had to give up milk products at 6 weeks because he kept spitting up and would get a red bum.
I'm just a little suspicious about that because it is all around the babys anus where the poop comes out and not anywhere else. So i wouldn't worry about soaps and things like that because it would be everywhere and if it was yeast it would have spread more too. Our yeast infections never looked like that. they were more pimply and patches with satelitte spots. And the creams worked right away to rid the yeast. Yours looks more like the skin is breaking down. Try resting his bum with tummy time and holding him so he is not sitting directly on his bum. And continue with airing it out and maybe try the calendula creams. You can also make your own by buying calendula tea and steep it cool it down and put it on baby's bottom.
But that rash looks very angry so try and calm it if you can. Calendula and chamomile are calming. And try to make some changes in the diet to see if that helps.
I hate diaper rash it is so frustrating. Our had got better and now it is back. Today I am trying a aloe vera and calendula lotion I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck!
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #33
4boys4me
Registered Users

Looks like a food allergy rash.. my kids have had that when drinking milk/dairy even nursing and I was eating dairy.. It would peel like too it seemed... there wasn't much I could do but use warm water to wipe thier bums and let it air out as much as I could.. And you better bet they all had it. I thought maybe one atleast could get away with having dairy but nope. (((HUGS)))
Old 06-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #34
lararum
Banned

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? H

that rash does look more like an allergy rash. I noticed you said you weren't eating dairy, how about soy or wheat. Those are big culprits. One pp said to try a different doctor, that might be a good idea.
Good luck
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #35
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This soes not look like yeast. It might be a bacteria ind=fection. And a RX antibiotic ointment might be needed. Its hard to tell from the purple color being there, but it looks a lot like my DS's rash he gets from flesh eating poops. Like when he doesn't tell me he has pooped and gets a horrible rash. (He is almost 3) but ot looks alot like this. Good luck, oh and inbetween antibiotic treatments keep it slathered with vasoline. Your diapers should be fine if you do a cold rinse and then a very hot wash followed by a cold rinse. And BTW, It might not be a bad idea to strip his diapers for build up to make sure it isn't a detergent build up causing this. Hugs.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #36
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

are you using wipes? That could be aggravating it also. I would definitly see either a new pedi or a dermatologist even.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #37
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

We don't use wipes, we use clothes with plain water. I am thinking it is related to allergies, and we're getting him tested in a few weeks so hopefully the results of that will help us eliminate the rash.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #38
dixiebabies
Banned

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? H

My second child had that same rash!!!! It was a dairy allergy he had even with breast milk from me. Once I cut out dairy, it was gone in 2 days.

If you are nursing, stop all dairy and see if it gone in 2 to 3 days tops.

I'm not sure what you can do if you formula feed (I've never used formula) but I'm sure other mama's on here could help with alternative milk.
dixiebabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #39
Dena
Registered Users

My Mood:

When my DS had a yeast rash it wasnt pimply looking, it was rashy looking and dry. It took a couple RX to figure out which wouldwork, his was also on his genitals not where your DS is it does look familiar besides being purple. Have you tried an anibiotic ointment OTC? I use that when my DS rahses get bad andbreak his skin
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #40
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I agree it is an allergy rash... My son gets it from dairy, eggs, oats, peanuts, almonds, and a few other foods that I eat!! Every few months I check if he is still allergic, and alas, he still is...

I would go dairy free and see if it helps!!
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote