Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #51
massage mama
Registered Users

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

Thanks for the info R.
I'm shocked your Doctor requested these MSA tests having to do with meridians and energy flow. That is a very open minded doc you have I would stick with them. It sounds like a vega test I had when i was preggo to see what foods I should be avoiding. I have many clients with chronic illnesses and a few had mentioned this testing to me so i went because I was inteseted no major reason besides skin outbreaks of psorisis which can also be attributed to food reactions.
Good luck with the MSA and I can't wait to hear what they say about your babe. PM me when you get the results.
T

Advertisement

massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #52
ltelly00
Registered Users

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

Looks like acid burns from the poo. DD would get the same way. The poo also looks like hers did, not quite like it did when it didn't burn her. I did lots of soaks in the tub with baking soda and lukewarm water. Then I'd goop her bottom up good with a mixture of butt paste and lansinoh and A&D. That was the most soothing to her and helped heal. Frequent changes and lots of nakie time. I didn't use any wipes when she was bad, I'd just spray her bottom with warm water and do the soak every 3-4 hours during the day. That helped it within a few days. I've heard of people putting Maalox (plain) on rashes also to help soothe them. We personally didn't have any luck that way. FWIW, DD also got diagnosed with reflux shortly after and also can't tolerate milk. It could be from allergies, extra acid in the digestive system......but to me it honestly looks alot like our acid burns did! Good luck!
ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #53
Merisong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? H

You say you are off dairy, do you check labels for all the "other" dairy names like whey, etc? Just a thought... also any other food item you are eliminating, sometimes it takes 3-4 weeks to have an effect and sometimes it has to be 100% elimination according to the food label.

There is a yahoo group that has several VERY knowledgeable mommas on food allergies, elimination diets, MCS, etc ... the main topic of the yahoo group is elimination communication but since *most* baby symptoms of an allergy or sensitivity show through some aspect of elimination the two seem to go hand in hand.. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eliminationcommunication/

I would join and ask about your situation there.. they can help with how to eliminate foods and what foods might be the culprit beyond the classic 8.

HTH! HUGS mamma! Keep looking.. you WILL find the answer!
Merisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #54
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

UPDATE: The rash is gone

Thank you again for all the support and suggestions.

Just 3 days after i took that photo the rash went away, and its stayed away for a week now .

I treated it with Neosporin and Triple Paste at each diaper change, with Nystatin 2x a day just in case it was yeast.

But what cured it (i believe) was me cutting soy out of my diet. I've reintroduced dairy in the form of 4oz yogurt/day and it hasn't brought the rash back. Taking out the soy is the only thing i changed diet-wise, and that's when his rash went away. We're still having him tested next week though to see if there's other foods he's sensitive to.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #55
massage mama
Registered Users

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATED AGAIN: The rash is gone

That's fantastic happy to hear he hasis a clear bum finally. it feels like forever when you have to look at it 10 times a day doesn't it! Were you using CDs the whole time or did you use sposies to rid the rash with the pastes and ointments?
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #56
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

I was using sposies when i tried the Gentian Violet and they didn't help at all and in fact i think they gave him a contact diaper rash. I switched back to cloth when i stopped the yeast treatments and he's been back in cloth ever since .
Old 06-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #57
lararum
Banned

I'm so glad you got it cleared up. I forgot about soy. DD had a bit of a sensitivity to it when she first started eating finger food. I hope it stays away!
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote