Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
softbums pods in Thirsties Duo?

Has anyone tried this? Have any pictures to show? I have a gazillion (okay, about 45 or so) regular pods, about 25 mini pods and 13 shells (9 echo, 4 omni). I also have about 10 GMD workhorse fitteds (orange edge...but I don't know how long they'll last, my other 2 kiddos were 8lbs and 8.7lbs at birth). AND I have about 8-10 blueberry fitteds. I think they are small/newborn, but they look a tad longer than the GMD fitteds, so they might last a touch longer.

Anyway, I probably don't *need* to add to my stash, but I know all you momma's know about the urge to buy more fluff! I was thinking of buying about 4 Thirsties Duos, size 1 to use over the fitteds and possibly with some of the softbums pods.

What do you all think? Should I? I was at first going to avoid some variety, but now I am looking to add some variety. I have already spent quite a bit and probably shouldn't spend more. I guess I want to see what I like better. If I end up liking the fitteds/cover better, do you think I could recoup some of my softbums investment on FSOT to fund more fitteds/covers?

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: softbums pods in Thirsties Duo?

lol, yes you probably don't need more fluff. The pods should work well in the Thirsties covers. My camera's flash is broken so pics turn out horrible, I am sure someone else can get you some pics of it though. That is actually the concept behind Thirsties' stay dry duo inserts that you can just lay them in the cover. The nice thing too about the SoftBums pods is that they fan out in the back for bigger coverage. The newborn softbums pods for sure will work in the thirsties covers as they are similar in size the same size as the size 1 stay dry duo inserts.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, Michelle! I figured that since the Thirsties are wipe clean, I can alternate b/w that and my softbums covers in case there are any EBF pooplosions! I was thinking of just buying more SB shells, but decided I'd like to try a little variety, and the Thirsties are a little less in price.

Didn't I see on your FB page today that you have a special on the Thirsties Duos?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you buy 4 or more, the price of them goes down. if you want less than that though, pm me and I'll get you a deal Also, I don't think you saw but on another thread you had posted how you felt you may have gotten too many pods. I'd be willing to work something out if you wanted to return some...you haven't even had your baby yet
Old 02-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Mamawalnut
Registered Users
seller

I just tried this today with my 3 week old- 10 lber. First, I used two mini pods and they worked great- no ebf explosions on the cover. Now, he is in a obv pod with the thirsties cover. I'll try to get pics before I change him. Both work great and fit inside the cover no problems!
Mamawalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Mamawalnut
Registered Users
seller

Never did pics before. Hopefully, I did it right. If you want inside pics, I can do that later tonight. He is wearing an obv pod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dip1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	62808   Click image for larger version

Name:	dip2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	62809   Click image for larger version

Name:	dip3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	62810  
Mamawalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mamawalnut! He sure is a cutie!! If you can get an inside pic, that would be great. I'm trying to decide between the duo diaper or the duo wrap, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the differences. Is the duo diaper more of a pocket dipe, or can you change out inserts and reuse the cover (assuming it didn't get wet or messy).
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there is a thread i started that has pics of softbums in a bunch of different covers. i will find it and bump it up for you.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineb View Post
Thanks Mamawalnut! He sure is a cutie!! If you can get an inside pic, that would be great. I'm trying to decide between the duo diaper or the duo wrap, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the differences. Is the duo diaper more of a pocket dipe, or can you change out inserts and reuse the cover (assuming it didn't get wet or messy).
The duo diaper is a pocket diaper. 1 time use only if you are stuffing inside the pocket. You could use as a cover and lay the insert on top but it isn't the original purpose of it. The duo wrap is just a cover.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
sbay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamawalnut View Post
Never did pics before. Hopefully, I did it right. If you want inside pics, I can do that later tonight. He is wearing an obv pod.
Ahhhhhh, cute baby!

Love how trim that is on him )

SoftBums covers, made in USA!! Check out our BLOG Giveaways!!!
sbay is offline   Reply With Quote