Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
Anyone love their OB?

I know so many on here dont care for OB's or have had bad experiences with them. Any one have one they love? I had an awesome team of 4 (1 staff, 1 fellow, 2 residents) OBs that did my c-hyst, one in particular I will never forget! She really went above and beyond!

Advertisement

Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone love their OB?

I love my OB, of course I haven't delivered with her yet, but thus far I've really enjoyed going to her, and her mindset with natural birth is great too!

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do! But tech she is a Family Practice Doc that does OB. She has been my dr forever, delivered my 3 kids, and is their Dr. She also develiverd my 2 brothers and my sister.(I was born in a different state) I love that she knows my family history by memory and since she is my kids dr too I don't have to wait for the ped to come check out the baby after their born.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE...did I mention I love my OB. She is so awesome that even though we have moved I still go to her. I drive an hour to get there. She has delivered DD and DS and looking forward to her delivering this new baby. The ONLY thing I sorta don't like is when I first started going to her (for DD's pregnancy) I just saw her, then with DS I saw her and comfortable with both in case for some reason the other dr would have to do the delivery. Now there is a third dr (a woman) so I have to see all 3 but MY dr will still deliver. I do like all of the dr's though for the most part (still not 100% on this new lady....she just thinks she is hilarious and she isn't LOL)

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love all my doctors this time around as well as the doctors that delivered DD. There are 2 female doctors that I LOVE because they are very to the point and answer any and ALL your questions and concerns. Today I think I talked to one of the OB's at my appointment today for a good 20 minutes.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
isabelsma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had a couple awesome OB's. My first we kept going to even after moving an hour away because he was just amazing. But he went and retired *bummer* so I moved on to a new one that was right by home. She rocked too! Even after having the baby, she called me at home the next day just to check on me. (I had gotten the spinal headache from a botched epidural) I had awesome nurses that called too, and even the anisthesiologist that tried to fix what the first had done called me at home. I was stunned! But that OB has moved to another state, so this time I'm going with a homeopathic Dr that is also a midwife. So I've really lucked out on OB's and now an awesome midwife!
isabelsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my OB! He used to be a solo-practitioner, but now he's in a practice with 4 other OBs and 1 GYN. I've seen them all in case one of the other doctors has to deliver this baby, but I love my regular one. I've been going to him for 10 years.

When I was pregnant with DS, I thought I wanted to have him at the local birth center rather than the hospital. He was really nice when I told him I didn't want him to deliver the baby. Turns out the BC was too expensive and I didn't get a good vibe there when I toured anyway. And I changed my mind about wanting a unmedicated birth. I had a hospital birth at 41 weeks, complete with cytotech to ripen my cervix, pitocin, an epidural that didn't take until I was ready to push, a tear and an episiotomy. While all of that sounds crappy to some mamas, my son's birth was very special to me, the whole thing is one of my happiest memories. My OB is a part of that special memory and I'm happy I get to go to him for my prenatal care and I hope he isn't on vacation or something when this baby decides to come!

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
my*2*angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my OB!!! He is a solo practitioner and has delivered both my girls and I would not want to see anyone else!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my ob! I've had him with jake as well. I wouldn't of chose him again if I didn't love him. I wouldn't want to see anyone else. Just the other day my normal doctor was questioning me on why I didn't choose a midwife... I couldn't imagine why I would when I had such a good exprience with my OB. I don't want anyone else.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loved the ob I had with dd1. But, we've had an insurance change, so I can't see him this time around. Having had one I loved makes having my current group even harder! I know there is one I love, less than a mile down the road. He may as well be around the world though.